Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

So just found a article in the star about parking permits in hillsborough .Area for permits is not being extended but .

Extra double yellow lines are planned for Beechwood Road, East View Terrace, Garry Road, Hawthorn Road, Kirkstone Road, Upwood Road, Warner Road and Proctor Place.

Why will this help with parking ,it will make matters worse for the residents on these roads . Can anyone fill me in ,anyone know anymore ?

More double Yellows means more potential income for the council generated by their Army of parking wardens. You have to remember that the council see motorists as cash cows to be milked as often as possible. More double yellows will be painted purely to raise revenue.

More double Yellows means more potential income for the council generated by their Army of parking wardens. You have to remember that the council see motorists as cash cows to be milked as often as possible. More double yellows will be painted purely to raise revenue.

that is your opinion, please don`t post it as fact.

I posted it as my opinion .................. i dont hide my hatred for Anti Car councils. Never have done.

no but you still toe the line, just the same as the rest of us - or did I miss the scan of your "daughters" parking invoice you advised her not to pay, perhaps it`s filed with the copy of the email you sent over parking officers outside the chippy or the ticket you got for blocking the view of a speed camera van.

you can`t have made them all up, can you?

Army of parking wardens? All 60 of them?

Don't you think that if they wanted to raise income they would install more pay and display bays?

60! Wow that seems a lot. What's that, one per 6km2, maybe slightly less assuming holidays etc probably more in the denser areas. Seems plenty to me.

Wonder what their "profitability" is? I'd guess it's more than what'd be left after the cost of planning, installing and maintaining P&D machines. What's it costing to change the coin mechanisms again?

60! Wow that seems a lot. What's that, one per 6km2, maybe slightly less assuming holidays etc probably more in the denser areas. Seems plenty to me.

Wonder what their "profitability" is? I'd guess it's more than what'd be left after the cost of planning, installing and maintaining P&D machines. What's it costing to change the coin mechanisms again?

60 is at least £1.2m PA overhead for the council to sustain on pointless salaries alone. No wonder they have to persecute motorists so aggressively to keep them all in jobs. Oh for a small state.

60 is at least £1.2m PA overhead for the council to sustain on pointless salaries alone. No wonder they have to persecute motorists so aggressively to keep them all in jobs. Oh for a small state.

Pointless salaries? We've seen what happens elsewhere when there is no-one to enforce the parking rules. Total anarchy and the place grinds to a halt. See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/3573948.stm

People are selfish and will try to get away with it if they can, even if it inconveniences others.

Sheffield has a lot of permit parking zones, decent levels of enforcement are part of the deal, so you need quite a few people to deliver that.

---------- Post added 12-02-2013 at 08:07 ----------

60 What's it costing to change the coin mechanisms again?

A new Pay and Display machine is about £3k.

Archived