Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

The truth is that the scheme has had no overall effect on the Hillsborough area:

Responses from people in the area of the zone, covering streets around Hillsborough Corner and Bradfield Road, showed 60.3 per cent felt the ‘overall parking situation’ on their road had improved after the parking permit zone was introduced.

People in surrounding streets were asked whether they had parking problems – to which 66 per cent replied ‘yes’ – but 52.4 per cent said they did not want the zone extending, compared with 38.4 per cent in favour of permits.

A higher percentage of people have parking problems that have benefitted thanks to the councils money making scheme.

Surely everyone who does not have a residents parking area are sure to be affected by one being created close to them, as the displaced parkers now look for somewhere else to park. As I see it, the resident areas are likely to grow as the next area becomes a problem and sees a permit as the way out, until an equilibrium is reached. At the moment it looks like that equilibrium has been reached at Hillsborough, if nearby streets are voting to not introduce residents parking. It's not clear how many of the 66% already had parking problems, even before the changes next door. If parking problems increase for locals over the next few years, then the vote might change.

People had the opportunity to ask for whatever they wanted on the review consultation. The truth is that they didn't want the scheme revoked.

It was clear from the leaflet that revokation wasn't an option. There was a question asking to extend it but none for asking to revoke it. I happened to write this in the comments box but it's easy to ignore the comments and just add up the ticks.

Really there should be some checks and balances on the way local government present and interpret surveys and stats. It is way to easy to rig them.

What this review really shows is that most people are not happy with the scheme and believe that the council has inflicted a parking problem on them. Still it's here to stay now, and I anticipate review after review until the expansion to the original proposed size is enforced.

You are right we have been effected by the scheme being close by but I still voted against it . I have seen what it has done around our shop on London rd ,footfall has fallen dramatically .I don't want the business to fall even more than they are doing already in Hillsborough. The recession is having an impact the last thing that is needed is putting even more obstacles in the way of shoppers. The council should be helping to get more people into the area not keeping them away.

You are right we have been effected by the scheme being close by but I still voted against it . I have seen what it has done around our shop on London rd ,footfall has fallen dramatically .I don't want the business to fall even more than they are doing already in Hillsborough. The recession is having an impact the last thing that is needed is putting even more obstacles in the way of shoppers. The council should be helping to get more people into the area not keeping them away.

I tried to explain this would happen in hillsborough but Mr Planner1 says this doesn't matter because its not about the shops, area etc its about the people who CHOOSE to live on these affected roads even tho parking has been a problem for years and made worse by the tram system that was introduced by people like Mr Planner because we don't all live on the route n due to the shocking bus service some have to use their cars and park up to enable people to use the tram to get into the city centre which is Against car users

Other changes are planned for Burnaby Street, Clarence Road, Hammerton Road, Morley Street and Victor Road, while the council is considering reducing the length of yellow lines on Minto Road to create extra parking spaces.

Would like to know what these changes are going to be, i live on one of these Roads and we have not had any questionnaires or information.

Other changes are planned for Burnaby Street, Clarence Road, Hammerton Road, Morley Street and Victor Road, while the council is considering reducing the length of yellow lines on Minto Road to create extra parking spaces.

Would like to know what these changes are going to be, i live on one of these Roads and we have not had any questionnaires or information.

I had to laugh when I read about reducing yellow lines on minto road to allow more parking, just take a drive down to see how much it can increase the parking it's just about impossible i would love to meet the idiots who dream these ideas it's laughable what you would call GREAT PLANNING

Gosh I do hope they don't - parking is only bad in an evening and that is not alleviated by this scheme :S

Archived