Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

3p per day is £10.95 per annum.

5p per day is £18.25 per annum.

Permits are £20, raising to £36 in April. They've never been £10.95 or £18.25.

Looks like maths is not your strong point.:)

I have to agree with this,but as I share my car I naturally halved the daily fee.Moreover you cannot decimalise pence so I rounded my amounts which you will agree are very small and not worthy of debate.

I have to agree with this,but as I share my car I naturally halved the daily fee.Moreover you cannot decimalise pence so I rounded my amounts which you will agree are very small and not worthy of debate.

I think if your going to debate being clear and accurate always helps.

I think if your going to debate being clear and accurate always helps.

I think it is important to question the significant but waive the trivial,and the payment of a fee at either 5pence or even 10 pence a day is one that most prudent motorists could manage when motoring costs can exceed 50 pence per mile.

Question to Planner1

Instead of upsetting loads of people by charging everyone with either a ticket from a machine or a parking permit for residents WHY did they not put a 2hr parking limit during the day on the affected roads that way no one is parked up all day but people could still use the shops,banks etc everyone is happy simple really.that is unless the council DO see the motorist as easy picking ...........waits for a reply with baited breath

Time limited waiting requires quite a bit of enforcement activity to make sure it is correctly observed. Enforcement resources are limited and if you need more of them, as you would if you introduced vast swathes of time limited waiting, where is the money coming from?

Normally, areas not on main routes would only receive occasional enforcement. Part of the deal on a permit scheme is that the area receives much more frequent enforcement.

Permit schemes usually have a mix of types of parking within them, permit only bays, mixed use bays, free parking, loading bays. So, it's not just about introducing limited waiting.

Time limited waiting requires quite a bit of enforcement activity to make sure it is correctly observed. Enforcement resources are limited and if you need more of them, as you would if you introduced vast swathes of time limited waiting, where is the money coming from?

Normally, areas not on main routes would only receive occasional enforcement. Part of the deal on a permit scheme is that the area receives much more frequent enforcement.

Permit schemes usually have a mix of types of parking within them, permit only bays, mixed use bays, free parking, loading bays. So, it's not just about introducing limited waiting.

Notice that you've failed to say why you believe the review shows support for the scheme.

Notice that you've failed to say why you believe the review shows support for the scheme.

60% of the respondants in the permit zone said that it had improved the parking situation on their street.

More people also felt that he situation had improved in the overall area than said that it hadn't.

Is that not support?

60% of the respondants in the permit zone said that it had improved the parking situation on their street.

More people also felt that he situation had improved in the overall area than said that it hadn't.

Is that not support?

How many respondents were there, no use just chucking percentages into the mix, and where can the numbers be viewed.

How many respondents were there, no use just chucking percentages into the mix, and where can the numbers be viewed.

See post#2040 for link posted by Planner1

Edit. The 60% equates to 108 out of the 179 people who responded (out of the 1300 properties that were canvassed). ie 14% responded, of which 60% of the 14% thought parking was better than before.

Is that not support?

Whats your view on the extortionate price of the permit. ?

can you explain how it costs the council so much to print and post out a permit . ?

Or is it the case that sheffield council see parking permits as just another way of fleecing motorists, and charge so much extra on top of the admin costs as a way of filling the councils coffers. ?

As far as im aware the permit scheme wasnt set up to be a profit maker, but the sheer prices of the premit prove it IS being run to make large profits .

Archived