Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

The times shown on the proposal are 9am to 8pm all days of the week. I'm not sure how this matches up to the rest of the Hillsborough area, though I imagine that the proximity to the football stadium allows them to catch any non-residents who use the local roads for free parking on matchdays - the times here would include all weekend fixtures & evening matches as well.

Sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. 9am-8pm, 7 days a week hey? So they're not targeting commuter parking. It's very heavy handed if they're trying to help you on match days. Wonder what the rationale is?

Sorry to hear this, you must be gutted. 9am-8pm, 7 days a week hey? So they're not targeting commuter parking. It's very heavy handed if they're trying to help you on match days. Wonder what the rationale is?

No idea. They have a "slight majority" from those who replied. As I said in the post above - I reckon less than half of those on Winster Road would have been motivated to respond. Does anyone know if we can find out from the council how many responses they had from a road (not an area) and how many were in favour?

It's obvious - they're targetting those people who won't pay to park in the newly P&D car park in the park. Now they'll have no choice but to pay either way (or not go anywhere near the park).

Expect the same to be rolled out at Millhouses, Graves Park etc. as predicted on here.

They really are the lowest of the money-grabbing low.

It's obvious - they're targetting those people who won't pay to park in the newly P&D car park in the park. Now they'll have no choice but to pay either way (or not go anywhere near the park).

Expect the same to be rolled out at Millhouses, Graves Park etc. as predicted on here.

Seems that way doesn't it? If I was a resident on that stretch, I'd feel I'd been strung up like a kipper. Lukeowl, is it possible to request numbers (not necessarily names) through the FOI act? Is it worth contacting our MP? I know one thing for sure, once that scheme comes in, it's here to stay, as there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for getting rid.

Seems that way doesn't it? If I was a resident on that stretch, I'd feel I'd been strung up like a kipper. Lukeowl, is it possible to request numbers (not necessarily names) through the FOI act? Is it worth contacting our MP? I know one thing for sure, once that scheme comes in, it's here to stay, as there doesn't seem to be a mechanism for getting rid.

I would hope that they should be forced to show numbers in favour on a road by road basis if requested.

I just don't understand the logic of anyone who voted in favour of a scheme. Can't they see that the situation won't improve? A permit scheme will change nothing - there will still be the same scrap for spaces as there is now, only at the moment it is a free scrap for a space!

We got a letter the other day proposing Minto and Leader Rd becoming part of it. If we do become part of it, does that mean I can park anywhere within the boundary of the scheme or can I only park on Leader or Minto. I think what they've proposed for us will possibly cause a nightmare for overnight parking so might have to park somewhere else!

No idea. They have a "slight majority" from those who replied. As I said in the post above - I reckon less than half of those on Winster Road would have been motivated to respond. Does anyone know if we can find out from the council how many responses they had from a road (not an area) and how many were in favour?

I can put you in touch with the person dealing with it. PM me if you want their details.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:06 ----------

They're not targetting anyone. It's just part for the Hillsborough permit parking scheme review.

You'll recall they did some consultation on it a while back and areas where there was support are having proposals worked up to bring them into the scheme.

There are no current plans to roll anything out near the other parks.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:11 ----------

I just don't understand the logic of anyone who voted in favour of a scheme. Can't they see that the situation won't improve? A permit scheme will change nothing - there will still be the same scrap for spaces as there is now, only at the moment it is a free scrap for a space!

These schemes do suit some people, there have been quite a few people post on various threads saying they find it better once a scheme had gone in.

Don't forget that not everyone follows the traditional working pattern, there are a lot of peple who are around during the scheme operating hours and they will of course get the most benefit.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:19 ----------

Why would you think that?

The proposals are being drawn up because local people have asked for them.

It's not much use contacing an MP, they will just write to the Council and pass the reply on to you.

If you don't like the proposals, the best people to contact are your Councillors, but, you will need to make your views known to the Council individually. There will be a chance to object when the traffic regulation orders are advertised.

The reason there isn't any mechanism for "getting rid" is that no large group of people have ever asked for a scheme to be removed or to be allowed to opt out of one. It's generally the other way round.

If the permit schemes really were not any use to anyone, there would have been organised resistance to them by now, they have been around long enough.

They're not targetting anyone. It's just part for the Hillsborough permit parking scheme review.

You'll recall they did some consultation on it a while back and areas where there was support are having proposals worked up to bring them into the scheme.

So what exactly is there in the Parkside Road area that warrants the council introducing a parking permit scheme, and moreover one which covers longer hours than usual? It's not full of commuter parking, there aren't any shops near there that require the much-vaunted constant turnover of spaces that those in Broomhill do, and it's nowhere near the city centre, the Universities or the hospitals. It's near the football ground but that only affects it on a certain number of days a year, and it's near the park. Now the council has deliberately made any pre-existing parking problems worse by making the park car parks pay and display, they want to introduce a permit scheme and watch the cash roll in. Easy money isn't it?

I can put you in touch with the person dealing with it. PM me if you want their details.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:06 ----------

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:11 ----------

These schemes do suit some people, there have been quite a few people post on various threads saying they find it better once a scheme had gone in.

Don't forget that not everyone follows the traditional working pattern, there are a lot of peple who are around during the scheme operating hours and they will of course get the most benefit.

---------- Post added 19-08-2013 at 13:19 ----------

Why would you think that?

The proposals are being drawn up because local people have asked for them.

It's not much use contacing an MP, they will just write to the Council and pass the reply on to you.

If you don't like the proposals, the best people to contact are your Councillors, but, you will need to make your views known to the Council individually. There will be a chance to object when the traffic regulation orders are advertised.

The reason there isn't any mechanism for "getting rid" is that no large group of people have ever asked for a scheme to be removed or to be allowed to opt out of one. It's generally the other way round.

If the permit schemes really were not any use to anyone, there would have been organised resistance to them by now, they have been around long enough.

Thanks for the proactive response. I think it's because of the perceived lack of transparency. if Lukeowl can get hold of facts and figures, then I'm sure he'll be more accepting of the situation. As it is, he lives on one of the streets, and he can't see that this makes any sense at all. You are never going to please everyone, but if the council can back up its actions with evidence then it becomes more palatable for those who are not in agreement.

With regards to getting rid of a scheme, people have asked how they should go about this on other threads and I've not seen any useful suggestions up until now - are you saying there needs to be a mass protest. What form of "organised resistance" would be advisable? Perhaps people would instigate this if they had an idea of where to start?

In another thread, a poster who has been adversely impacted by the Sharrow scheme, was lambasted by you in a "What, are you STILL moaning about It?" kind of way, which I actually thought was pretty insulting. Just because something was implemented several years ago, doesn't mean it has stopped effecting people. I just really hope that attitude isn't indicative of the kind of response Lukeowl might get if he contacts his councillor.

Out of interest, what reason do you think is behind the 9am-8pm, 7 days a week timings on the Parkside road proposal? Do any other schemes follow these time bands?

We got a letter today saying they will not be implementing parking permits on and around Dixon rd but are investigating putting yellow lines on the junctions . I m in 2 minds about this as it's only a real problem on Match days . I have to take the chance and go out in my car if there is a match as if I want to come back before the match finishes I will struggle to park .Putting the lines down will make for even less spaces after 6pm at night when everyone is home .The road is full top to bottom on all of the roads around here in the evening ,late arrivals have to park at the very edges of

the roads .What do the council want residents to do pile cars on top of each other . If they put yellow lines on every junction there will not be even 1 parking space per household .People who visit the park on a match day cannot even park in the car park so where do they go ? but don't get me started on that . The park was given to the people of Sheffield how dare the council hand it over to the Sheffield Wednesday ground .I've made my mind up !! PUT EVERYTHING BACK AS IT WAS AND I'M SURE WE WILL ALL BE A LOT HAPPIER ,sorry for shouting this whole permit thing really pees me off .

Archived