Parking Permits in Hillsborough.

We got a letter today saying they will not be implementing parking permits on and around Dixon rd but are investigating putting yellow lines on the junctions . I m in 2 minds about this as it's only a real problem on Match days . I have to take the chance and go out in my car if there is a match as if I want to come back before the match finishes I will struggle to park .Putting the lines down will make for even less spaces after 6pm at night when everyone is home .The road is full top to bottom on all of the roads around here in the evening ,late arrivals have to park at the very edges of the roads .What do the council want residents to do pile cars on top of each other . If they put yellow lines on every junction there will not be even 1 parking space per household .People who visit the park on a match day cannot even park in the car park so where do they go ? but don't get me started on that . The park was given to the people of Sheffield how dare the council hand it over to the Sheffield Wednesday ground .I've made my mind up !! PUT EVERYTHING BACK AS IT WAS AND I'M SURE WE WILL ALL BE A LOT HAPPIER ,sorry for shouting this whole permit thing really pees me off .

I live in that area and got one of those letters. I'm generally in favour of double yellows on the corners. Mainly because parking on/near the junctions creates visibility problems for other drivers.

I believe the car park in question has had money spent on it by the football club, hence they have an agreement to use it on match days. The parking charges at other times have nothing to do with SWFC, all Sheffield parks now seem to have meters.

We got a letter today saying they will not be implementing parking permits on and around Dixon rd but are investigating putting yellow lines on the junctions . I m in 2 minds about this as it's only a real problem on Match days . I have to take the chance and go out in my car if there is a match as if I want to come back before the match finishes I will struggle to park .Putting the lines down will make for even less spaces after 6pm at night when everyone is home .The road is full top to bottom on all of the roads around here in the evening ,late arrivals have to park at the very edges of

the roads .What do the council want residents to do pile cars on top of each other . If they put yellow lines on every junction there will not be even 1 parking space per household .People who visit the park on a match day cannot even park in the car park so where do they go ? but don't get me started on that . The park was given to the people of Sheffield how dare the council hand it over to the Sheffield Wednesday ground .I've made my mind up !! PUT EVERYTHING BACK AS IT WAS AND I'M SURE WE WILL ALL BE A LOT HAPPIER ,sorry for shouting this whole permit thing really pees me off .

You shouldn't be parking there in the first place.

Highway code

DO NOT stop or park

opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space

The PTE say its not possible, not me.

The PTE run the park and ride, so how do the Council make "a load of money" out of it?

I meant that having a free park and ride doesn't make the council a load of money, whereas having a parking permit scheme invariably does. No wonder then they're not pushing for a free park and ride to solve these problems.

---------- Post added 22-08-2013 at 10:52 ----------

I believe the car park in question has had money spent on it by the football club, hence they have an agreement to use it on match days. The parking charges at other times have nothing to do with SWFC, all Sheffield parks now seem to have meters.

Not all Sheffield parks, just a few. Though I'm sure we'll hear before long that it's been such a wonderful success that they're going to roll it out for all parks.

Yellow lines have to be put on the roads feeding into Middlewood Road, I live on Dorothy Road and it will serve two functions:

It is clearly unsafe, people don't know the clearway sign so park in front of it anyway, coming off Middlewood Road to get into Dorothy Road when there are cars parked either side creates the potential danger of being caught out when there is a car coming down the road, you can't go up the road due to the parked cars, you can't go back onto Middlewood Road because it is busy and in the worst case there is a tram coming. Also it creates very unsafe situations for the plentiful pedestrians crossing the roads as they have bad view of the side roads.

Secondly it is a pain in the neck for visitors/workmen that come to the house, they don't know the sign either and in seven years we have had three workmen ticketed, I always try to remind them not to park there but it isn't necessarily the first thing on your mind.

We voted for the parking scheme to be introduced on Dorothy Road, not due to match traffic, but because between the church and the bowling green there is always something on meaning there are always people parking here, at times making it difficult for us residents to find a suitable parking space.

These roads were not designed with cars in mind and it is up to the council to ensure safety, it certainly didn't help that the car-park for Hillsborough park has now been made into paid parking (without consulting afaik), all this has done is move that traffic to the Middlewood Road side-streets.

Yellow lines have to be put on the roads feeding into Middlewood Road, I live on Dorothy Road and it will serve two functions:

It is clearly unsafe, people don't know the clearway sign so park in front of it anyway, coming off Middlewood Road to get into Dorothy Road when there are cars parked either side creates the potential danger of being caught out when there is a car coming down the road, you can't go up the road due to the parked cars, you can't go back onto Middlewood Road because it is busy and in the worst case there is a tram coming. Also it creates very unsafe situations for the plentiful pedestrians crossing the roads as they have bad view of the side roads.

Secondly it is a pain in the neck for visitors/workmen that come to the house, they don't know the sign either and in seven years we have had three workmen ticketed, I always try to remind them not to park there but it isn't necessarily the first thing on your mind.

We voted for the parking scheme to be introduced on Dorothy Road, not due to match traffic, but because between the church and the bowling green there is always something on meaning there are always people parking here, at times making it difficult for us residents to find a suitable parking space.

These roads were not designed with cars in mind and it is up to the council to ensure safety, it certainly didn't help that the car-park for Hillsborough park has now been made into paid parking (without consulting afaik), all this has done is move that traffic to the Middlewood Road side-streets.

I'm sorry but this will not stop people who visit the church or the park .A permit does not mean you get a parking space on your rd .People will still be able to park for 2 hrs and in the evening .A permit scheme will not help you in this case .

People like you unfortunately fall for introducing a parking zone syndrome lets make hillsborough a no parking zone so no one can enjoy the park etc without paying in either the car park or on the surrounding street the council love people like you but like I've said before YOU choose to live in the area so why should people who pay for road fund licence insurance etc etc have to pay again just cos you don't like it don't forget the so called builders visitors and utilities etc that come to your house will need you to supply a ticket for them to come to your house DONT forget over time Prices only go up.

People who vote for a parking zone should be the only ones that pay those that don't want one shouldn't have to pay at all YOU WANT ONE YOU PAY END OF .

Archived