Wednesday band- BANNED!

I heard on the news that the Sheffield Wednesday Kop band are under a partial ban, at home games.

Apparently, they are to be restricted to five members at home games after the club polled season-ticket holders, about whwether the band should continue.

The spokesman said that they would still turn out in full strength to special events, such as England matches, and to away games where the host club will permit them to play.

PT

The fans actually voted overwhelmingly in favour of keeping them. But the board are as fed up as everyone else at listening to the only two tunes they play at the games, I would hate it if I was a season ticket holder sat next to them, if I want to listen to just two songs all day i'll listen to Galaxy105. How did they ever become the England band? No wonder every other nation thinks we are musically retarded with them on board.

Originally posted by kelly_owls

Atmosphere was dead last night, not like it is usually.

Band were the ones to get people up on their feet and cheering, still a good attendance for a supposed '****' club and 3 points...

They did more than 2 songs, in the 15 years I have been going!!!

That's quite bad to be honest Kelly that you need a band to get the fans going. What's worse, being in the 2nd division or having to listen to them to get you cheering, etc? It shows then if you get the bigger crowds it doesn't always mean you have a better atmosphere, maybe you all start singing to drown out the noise of the band and not that you get inspired by them.

Archived