Menzels a big thumbs up

lola2

This saturday night i held a party at menzels and i just wanted to put a little note on here to say a big thank you. They were brilliant we had the upstairs and they provided a waitress service which was perfect.

Our waitress was a star, i never got her name so i do apologise but she was the most patient lovely girl. I'm only sorry my friends spent all there cash on booze so when it came to her tip it wasn't quite as large as she deserved. If anyone is looking for somewhere to host a party i can definitely recommend it. It was a great night.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys.... we aren't going to insult your intelligence.. everyone who's anyone remembers Sunday Sessions. It started out at NCPM (national centre for popular music) and changed the way people went out forever. It caused you to be late for work on Monday, ring in sick, get laughed at for humming the last tune of the night on the bus to work the next day...it moved venues a few times, and you guys followed... it went to 'bed' for a handful of specials...and 1500 of you came with us everytime.

Well...its back...same promotors, original dj's, same attitude... amazing music, amazing venue, amazing atmosphere, and a special early start, to get you in the mood, with handouts, and a free BBQ!

We have handpicked 'MENZELS' for the return night, due to its versitility.... cool outdoor terrace, upstairs vip area, nice cocktails, nice staff, wicked 'bose' soundsystem, and 2am Sunday lock down!

To make the return night extra special.... we have drafted in the hardcore of the 'sheffield house mafia', all the original SS dj's.. and for this night... and then some....

5PM - 7PM - JOHNNY MATTHEWSON

The BBQ set....! get in early for one of the most versitile dj's in sheffield, getting you in the mood with a late afternoon session....

7PM - 8PM - STEVE BEECH

Winding it up will be Sunday Session's most avid supporter...Steve was the most regular SS goer, at every venue (with a different loud shirt everytime) Not may people know he is a **** hot dj...we do!

8PM - 9PM ADAM SHORT

Top sheffield promotor, Top dj, and general all round good egg... Adam knows a sheffield house crowd like the back of his hand...expect to put your burgers down and start creeping onto the floor!

9PM -10.30PM PAUL COX & WATTY

Yes... really.. 2 sheffield legends...B2B! Paul Cox is simply sheffield's 'mr house music', there isnt a dj booth he has'nt played in, and a crowd he has'nt rocked... Watty... well what can you say... sheffield's answer to Erick Morrillo... a real crowd favourite in sheffield.

10.30PM - 12AM DAN SEAMAN & COREY

No... honestly...we are not kidding.. probably the 2 best know Sheffield playa's over the years... Dan Seaman has done it all over...amazing record selection, and slick mixing...but then we stick him in a dj booth with COREY! who without a doubt is a true legend..... not many people are requested by Roger Sanchez to warm up his northern uk gigs...this guy simply rocks... if you are coming down for anything...come for these 2! Menzels are speaking to a new roofing company after seeing these 2 guys on the roster!

12AM - 1AM GREG NEWTON

A Sunday Sessions old boy...! although still in his 20's (just) a real crowd favourite, with his ability to drop that track...at that time... and then dance like a loonie. The roof should be somewhere near the Peak District after this one! A sure fire bet to play that tune you had forgotten....

1AM - 2AM CHRIS GRAY

Another regular at all of the venue's SS called home... we used to fly him in from merseyside every sunday... (ok...maybe he drove) purely for his no nonsense style...and peak time tune selection...a perfect closing set....

So girls...n guys... its here....

All we ask is you get down early.... we have a strict maximum capacity.... and we dont want to be turning the old regulars away....

Sunday Sessions...Menzels...Eccy Road...Sunday 27th July...5pm. Diary, done.

DanSeaman

View Public Profile

Send a private message to DanSeaman

Find More Posts by DanSeaman

Find threads started by DanSeaman

Add DanSeaman to Your Buddy List

Archived