Tinsley in the 50's and 60's

• 6 months later...

hi, yes, I remember the family, his sister Mary was in my class at school and she was a friend of mine. I was often at their house and thier dad taught me card games, however I don't know what happened to any of them, sorry..... do you know anything more about them?

Hi Serelle, thanks for the reply.

Can you confirm which school Teddy or his sister went to. What age was his sister when you knew her? Also, can you remember what number on Norborough Road they lived at, or an indication of whereabouts on Norborough Road they lived?

Thanks

hi John, they both went to Tinsley Infants and Junior School on

Plumpers road at Tinsley. Mary didn't pass her 11-plus so she stayed on at the senior school on Plumpers Road. I didn't really see her much after that as I passed my 11-plus and so I went to a different school across the city. I don't know about Teddy but he did go to the infants and junior school. I've been looking at the houses on Google and I think they lived at number 10, they definitely lived on the 'evens' side, not far on, at the right hand passage house in a block of 4......the house used to look a bit rundown overall.

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 12:40 ----------

ps - Mary will be 63 to 64 years old now.

Hi again serelle, you are definatley correct with the address, I was a mate of Teddys and used to call there on a regular basis.

I lost contact with Teddy years ago and have since been told he died in or around 1980 but can't find any information regarding his death.

There must be someone out there who has some information which would confirm or not whether he has died.

Are you on Facebook John? Have you tried to find any old friends on there who might know, or any relations of Teddys maybe.....I can't remember seeing any relatives at their house, but you never know - good luck x

---------- Post added 14-05-2013 at 13:41 ----------

Or on Friends Reunited perhaps....