Megathread - Help me find out who killed my Mum - Patricia Grainger

Good luck with this hun. Added your website link to my facebook page...hope this is okay. My thoughts are with you and your family. x

Thats great and a very nice think to do thank you.

hi Danny,

not sure if im correct but at the time wasnt there a photo fit of somebody the police were interested in talking too? if so is there any chance of getting it re printed in the local press?

Yes there was and its on my website here.

Im not sure about that i will have to get intouch with a few.

Thanks everyone for your messages :)

Dunno if it gives you any piece of mind, but as far as I remember, The mattress had been dumped around the area for a while.

T'was over 10 years ago, but I do remember crossing the brook from the Deerlands entrance and coming back up out on Colley Drive as I used to deliver Papers for J,D & P Bakers on Colley Rd and the first ones of my route were on Deerlands Ave and then the rest were all along High Greeve. There was a manky gray floral double mattress just after the Deerlands entrance near some trees and another similair one the other side of the river before going up the enbankment on the left.

May seem wierd that I remember this, but I hated having to go out that far, so I made it into summat I'd look forward to by wondering what would I see on the brook today. There'd be mashed up fruit machines, burn't out cars (mostly on Sunday Mornings but not always), smashed up security boxes, fag machines, even a pub jukebox once.

Danny, I want to wish you the best of luck in finding the man who killed your mum.

I can remember when this happened and how shocking it was, and it all came flooding back when I saw your story on the cover of the Star.

One of my little boys is about the age that you were when your mum was killed, and the thought of him having to go through life knowing I'd been taken away from him in this way is just unbearable.

Your mother and you and the rest of your family deserve to see justice done, and I hope and pray that soon you will.

Rachael x

I don't know much about this case but as people are offering their help financially towards a better server to get better coverage...what about that money being channelled into a REWARD fund, or even the sale of advertising on the site to relevant bodies, which again could be channelled back into the "reward" fund. It's amazing what money does to jog ones memory.

Just one point Danny...is there any DNA evidence?

I think this case will be solved...it's just a matter of time, and someone slipping up.

I don't know much about this case but as people are offering their help financially towards a better server to get better coverage...what about that money being channelled into a REWARD fund, or even the sale of advertising on the site to relevant bodies, which again could be channelled back into the "reward" fund. It's amazing what money does to jog ones memory.

Yes i have been thinking of advertising on the website to help pay for the server.

We have been talking about a Reward on it.

Just one point Danny...is there any DNA evidence?

I cannot say at this point.

Danny what a fantastic young man you are i'm sure your mum would be so proud.

I can't believe this is the day your mum was killed as its also the day my daughter was born..... it was such a fantastically sunny day its hard to believe something so vile could be happening 5 minutes away from the the place my daughter was coming into this world.

I hope you and your family get justice take care and carry on been strong xxxx