Megathread - Help me find out who killed my Mum - Patricia Grainger

My heart always leaps when this is updated...one day it will be the update that we are all waiting for, keep trying Danny...thinking of you x

Mine does too, and I cant believe its been 16 years, still remember the day when I heard, Id known Patty since nursery & couldn't believe it as Id only seen her a few days before, she used to spend a lot of time around the maisonettes where I lived.

Good luck Danny, I still hope and pray that one day I will see the headlines that they have caught this fiend, after all he is still out there, possibly still in the area!!!!

My heart always leaps when this is updated...one day it will be the update that we are all waiting for, keep trying Danny...thinking of you x

I want a like button for comments like this, Moonbird.

Agreed, totally, Moonbird. The sooner the "expletives" who did this are found and brought to justice, the better.

I hope it is sooner, rather than later.

Hi Danny

I've only recently moved to sheffield recently (2 years) but both myself and my wife have worked extensively with children with disabilities and special educational needs (SEN) and so feel very strongly about disability hate crimes and how wrong they are.

In my option it is far worse than racism due to this being a set of people who need support and it is just sick when people discriminate. As a current teacher I try my best to educate all children to treat all people but particularly any with additional needs with the respect they deserve.

I think your mum would be extremely proud of your efforts here and you can tell by reading this thread that people of sheffield are behind your and totally condemn this person's action.

• 8 months later...

Ive recreated the facebook page for my mum's campaign i'd be greatful if you could like and share:

www.facebook.com/whokilledmymum

Thanks moonbird i hope its one day soon x

Mine does too, and I cant believe its been 16 years, still remember the day when I heard, Id known Patty since nursery & couldn't believe it as Id only seen her a few days before, she used to spend a lot of time around the maisonettes where I lived.

Good luck Danny, I still hope and pray that one day I will see the headlines that they have caught this fiend, after all he is still out there, possibly still in the area!!!!

Nexusdee could you inbox me where you saw her the few days before

I wont robbo thanks

Hi Danny

I've only recently moved to sheffield recently (2 years) but both myself and my wife have worked extensively with children with disabilities and special educational needs (SEN) and so feel very strongly about disability hate crimes and how wrong they are.

In my option it is far worse than racism due to this being a set of people who need support and it is just sick when people discriminate. As a current teacher I try my best to educate all children to treat all people but particularly any with additional needs with the respect they deserve.

I think your mum would be extremely proud of your efforts here and you can tell by reading this thread that people of sheffield are behind your and totally condemn this person's action.

Thanks andy i feel the support of all from sheffield forum

Keep fighting mate - I hope you will get the answers you desperately need soon.

It only needs one person to make the phone call. Someone knows what happened and I hope that sooner or later guilt will get the better of them and they will make the call to Crimestoppers.

Good luck.