Boltons bakery Chapeltown

sband

Yes it would be sutton because we used to holiday in a chalet there on 'Miami Beach' I think it was called. It was Freddie Marshall wasn't it who owned it.

Remembered yesterday that I used to go and help Boltons catering for weddings when I was at school.

• 1 year later...

Fred Marshall died some 20 years ago. His wife died 13 years ago. She retired & lived with her son Andrew and his family in Gayton Lincolnshire. The son Andy trained as a baker and worked in the business, but became a primary school teacher for almost 30 years.

I have just attended Andy's funeral. As a friend said in his eulogy- he has gone to meet his baker. He was a larger than life character- the "best teacher in the wold" as one pupil described him, and will be much missed. About 200 people attended his send-off at Alford Crematorium.

Both he and his sister Jill [much earlier] died from unremitting ocular melanomas- nothing to done with sun beds.

His two sons are living- the elder a food scientist and the younger a photographer.

Archived