Whats Sheffield's nightlife like

Hi all,

Im moving back to Sheff. next year and wondering what the nightlifes like in town.

All i keep hearing about is stories about the aggro- ( i myself drove past a city center pub last month early on a Sunday morning in Sheff city center that was taped off,old bill outside etc, as if there had been a stabbing) but it can't be as bad as it was here in Coventry in the 1980's.

So whats it really like,or am i better off staying in my old locals-The Shiny Sheff/3 Merry Lads etc.

I think there's a pretty good night life in Sheffield now. There's a lot of very plastic boring bars which fortunately seem to appeal to the rougher crowd. But Sheffield seems to be enjoying a 'proper' pub revival; real pubs serving real beer, reasonably priced and no idiots to ruin the place. There's a couple of landlords on the forum who'll no doubt be along shortly - one has the Dove and Rainbow (at the end of Campo Lane near to where the Hole In The Road used to be) and the other has the Devonshire Arms (opposite the old Wards brewery on Ecclesall Road). Both cracking pubs and a good place to start off...

Well the Shiny Sheff is no more, been closed for a while, although the Merry lads is still cool, although recently changed hands. The Dove and Rainbow had 8 cask ales, should this be your thing, and a good crowd of regulars who consider us to be their true 'local'. None of your plastic bar philosophy down here, just good ale...

There are a certain few venues you would choose not to go to, but otherwise the city has a fantastic and diverse selection of pubs and bars. Division Street and West Street is the epicentre of the nightlife, however wander off the beaten track onto roads like Campo Lane or Trippett Lane and you will also be rewarded...

Archived