Girls' night out - suggestions?

Johnny Rod

Hi all, I am trying to round up a hen weekend for my fiancee and would really appreciate some pointers. I've done some trawling but would really like a few opinions.

There don't appear to be any comedy clubs running on 18/19th July unless anyone knows better - tried the Roundhouse and Funhouse.

Suggestions for a decent nightclub for Saturday? As far as I can make out Embrace and Kingdom are off the menu, and Gatecrasher is closed or near as. Best opinions on here seem to be for Plug? Just somewhere to have a dance and a good night out, plus anywhere I could get them on a list would be a bonus.

For Friday, somwhere to go after closing time, possibly Crystal bar? Friday is the quieter night for them, no L plates and squealing.

As for restaurants, the Wasabisabi seems favourite for food and entertainment, how about a good Indian or Chinese? Aargrah? 23? cafe guru? tim po moor?

Thanks in advance! I really need the help!

John

Saturday - Forum is OK

However if it's a Hen Do surely they would want a cheesy night, there is the Flares and the 80's bar, something like that!

Takapuna's? West St!?!?

Wasabisabi is out of this worls mate. Good Imdian always be same as I continue to plug it - MANGLA - Spital Hill, plus they'll get a taxi from the Indian to town quick *hit, whom the owners will call for.

If it's expense free well then you may wish to try your suggestions!

Good Luck!!!

Im saying not crystal - i think its a little to expensive...

Im young so im probably just tight - if its a hen night although you want a laugh i dont think you would want to be round us teenagers ha ha.

Embrace -Dance, R&B - Aged Groups - 18-25 £5 Entry

Leadmill Fridays - Dance Classics & Pop - All Ages - £4 Entry

Leadmill Sats - Rock - All Ages - £4 Entry

Plug - Check out http://www.the-plug.co.uk - I love reflective but guessing you wont want that so check it out 1st!!

Unique - Same as above check out the night 1st

All together i think you should probably make your way down west st. Cant go wrong - Westways, Bedroom, 80's Flares, Crystal Etc....

Hav A Good Nite what ever you do!!

I think Aagrah would be a nice place to eat out for a hen do. It's very spacious.

Cafe Guru, is nice, but small so not ideal for a rowdy bunch of hens.

Mangla im sure is nice but a bit tacky?

good luck.

I've got a lot of suggestions as I'm also planning a hen do for my sister too. It depends on what the Hen prefers. Whether she prefers quality food, or a nice decor but reasonable food etc.

This is just based on your first post. If you don't like Embrace or Kingdom, then I think I know where you're pitching the preference level. The following is based on what I know and have been to.

Clubs - Cubana after 10pm, Leadmill, Speed Queen (not sure whether it still here in Sheffield), Forum.

Chinese - Hue Wei, Wong Ting, Zing Vaa, Mei's.

Indian - The couple on Ecclesall Rd, Aargrah, Ackbar (maybe too far)

Comedy - http://sheffieldcomedyfestival.com/

I'm trying to put a hen do together which include a spa. We're currently looking at St Paul hotel. The guy mentioned it's popular and need us to book one month in advance.

somerfield- box of blue WKD (about £20)

Bus- about £2

Devonshire Green (4 pack of lager about £4)

Flares. (about £4 entry, drinks about £3)

Devonshire Chippy/Popeyes burgers (about £3)

Taxi (£5 fare + £50 cleaning bill for vomit removal)

Bed (free)

STD/Pregnancy test (£4)

Thanks all for your ideas, Bago I think is closest to the mark! Checked the Roundhouse, nothing except some Godawful music night, no comedy to be had for that weekend. These girls are also at St. Pauls, seems to be a good choice though I don't know anything about it myself. When's yours gonna be? Got them booked in for Friday night at Cocoa, satisfaction guaranteed!

Any more for any more?

For Friday night, I think the Old House on Division St is open until 2am, and you can reserve space - they have a few sofas etcetera - and they do a really nice cocktail menu. I know you can reserve because I got booted from my sofa spot at 10:30pm on Saturday for an arriving Hen Party!!

Archived