Girls' night out - suggestions?

Johnny Rod

Just to put a few people straight.Hot pants isnt 70s and motown in main room and 80s in other.It plays 70s,80s,some cheese in main room and 90s in the 2nd room.Good night out for hen parties etc and we do have alot in on a sat night.you can get group bookings,guest list etc.Mixture of ages all out for just a good night.Contact the leadmill as they promote the night

Hi all, I am trying to round up a hen weekend for my fiancee and would really appreciate some pointers. I've done some trawling but would really like a few opinions.

There don't appear to be any comedy clubs running on 18/19th July unless anyone knows better - tried the Roundhouse and Funhouse.

John

Ooh, there is!

We have a great line up at The Last Laugh that weekend with our very own Toby Foster introducing Lloyd Langford, Dougie Dunlop and the wonderful Steve Royle who has supported both Peter Kay and Dave Spikey on tour. If your fiancee comes on the Friday night, she can take advantage of the "Friday the 13th" offer which means that she can buy 20 tickets for the price of 13, making it roughly a tenner a ticket. If you bear in mind that on the For Sale thread someone is selling tickets for Jongleurs in Leeds for £20.50 a ticket, it does make us great value. We have a snack food menu available (nachos, chilli, chips, that kind of thing) and a disco after the comedy. All in the lovely Memorial Hall.

Aha, when I looked there was nothing and the Roundhouse I think only listed something my granny would have gone to. I see your website is working now, when I was looking before it seemed to be powered by hamster wheels without the hamsters, so I didn't get much out of it. I'll check it out again.

I've now got a stack of recommendations, many thanks to you all for your time and enthusiasm. By the way something I've done for them is a Google map with the locations on there so they can check it out. This site could do with the same thing, if someone has the time or inclination to figure it out.

Thanks again!

Here's a question - I just realised that at The Plug next Saturday it says age 14+, doors open 7.30pm. The girls aren't going to get there till just before 11 I think, do you reckon the place will be full of nippers? (Cue flaming from under-18 forumers).

Edna - I looked up the Leadmill, looks fine to me but I don't think thye're that heavily into Indy, need some more pop and dance etc. I reckon.

Update - the festival finishes at 2230 after which it's over 18's as usual. Jumped the gun a bit there. Again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well thanks to you all for the suggestions, thsi is how it went (brief as I can)...

Friday, some spa treatments at the Mecure hotel St. Pauls. Spa great though seemingly nowhere to lounge around, you were either in or out. Hotel, nice place but possibly the worst staff on the planet.

Friday afternoon, tasting session at Cocoa. If I had arranged nothing else, this would have made up for it. Could not recommend more.

Friday night, Aagrah, very busy but excellent. The on to the bars... Crystal, hopeless barman who took 10-15mins for 8 drinks. All their 10 or so cocktails use strawberries or raspberries, neither of which they had. Clientele not so favourable either by all accounts. They spotted the VIP area (memebrs only), and were told that they didin't look like the sort of people they would want as members (this was the night wihtout L plates etc. and all quite civilised). Right, shove your rubbish cocktails, and off to Trippets, which was top banana.

Saturday: Bungy jump at Magna, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH boing boing boing. More spa stuff. Lunch at Platillos, awesome, and surprisingly filling.

Saturday night, cocktails then on to Wasabisabi. Excellent food, good fun. Then a limo from American Pie (big white Hummer if you were out on Saturday) - apologies to the regulars but she's always wanted to do that - from Wasabisabi to the Plug (thanks Jade). L-plates on. Quick whizz round there but they were after something a bit more laid back, so on to Embrace. They were whisked up to the VIP (thanks to Mecure hotel concierge) which confusingly had two lots of music, and without whihc they wouldn't have stayed long. Finally back to the hotel for chips and more boooze.

Oh forgot to say, breakfast at Lynn's Pantry, also v. good. All in the enjoyed themselves, thanks again for the recommendations on here, as you can see they were spot on.

John

Archived