Ian Brown 13/06/08

xbecx

I have seen him live yes, twice. Both time he has been disgustingly bad. Out of tune, arrogant, crowd full of lager swilling lads chanting stuff at him.

His prime with the Stone Roses first album is so far behind him now he's become something completly different. That something like this would happen an Ian Brown gig doesn't surprise me in the slightest as it's the mentality of some of the knuckleheads that would attend.

...and I haven't been to the Academy, but it sounds pretty miserable. The story about over 100 people getting their phones/wallets nicked at the Pigeon Detectives show seems to fit.

Mind you, what could we really expect from a venue owned by a mainstream lager company??!?!?!?

Mind you, what could we really expect from a venue owned by a mainstream lager company??!?!?!?

I didnt think Carling owned the group - they just sponsor it. The company that owns it is owned, in part, by some of the big concert promotions companies. And although they can be blamed for lots of stuff - they can hardly be blaimed for the sort of crowd certain acts attract...

How sad that it ended like that!! Some friend went and said it was great until that happened!

Why are people doing this to artists they pay to see? I went to gig in Notts ages ago and someone threw a bottle at the artist so he went off stage. Then my friend went to see someone in Manc last week and the same thing happened!

Archived