Bacon Sandwich Shop Near West Street

Aubs

A couple of people in my office, me included, used to get our bacon/sausage sandwiches from Relish on West Street as they were by far the best quality (no lips and arse in their Cumberland sausages!!).

Now that Relish is being bulldozed, we're on the lookout for a new sandwich shop. Nothing we have tried meets our expectations, cause by Relish!

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in anticipation!!

Aubs

Im not sure if its the same one as you mentioned but there is a very good one in a side road off trippet lane just round corner from Grapes pub - thay also have an eat in section ..

The one where they cook the bacon, then cook it again when you order it :gag:

Im not sure if its the same one as you mentioned but there is a very good one in a side road off trippet lane just round corner from Grapes pub - thay also have an eat in section ..

That place is the pits, try the one on the corner near Cubana called Upper Crust they are quality.

Thanks for all your replies.

We've tried Sandwich Sandwich and Deli West and they all use cheap sausages and the bacon is overly salty (shows poorer quality).

There is of course Lunch Stop, but they also pre-cook the sausages... Last Friday I walked into the shop to see the prices and there was a big plastic container full of cooked sausages yuck! :gag:

The Harley looks good. Think that is definitely one we will have to try :) Thanks lomaxkinesi ;)

We'll try Harley's first and if that's no good, will venture the other way to Upper Crust. Thanks SheffBloke ;)

Any more recommendations gratefully received :D

Aubs

I too am missing Relish. Having giving up on the places nearby on West Street who suffer from high prices and lack of quality and service, I ventured down to Leopold Street and found Hartley's Deli. It's only small but I have been impressed by their fayre so far. Worth a try, granted it's not Relish, but as close as I've come since.

Archived