What was your first job?

That's not the worst bit. He obviously never got the hang of the washing machine because I bumped into him a few months later. I attempted my standard minimal polite conversation and for some reason he decided to announce (in full earshot of a street full of shoppers) he was now going commando. End of convo.

He probably turned his trousers inside out next day... :gag:

Will you just stop it!! :rant:

That definitely comes into the category of "too much information" :gag:

I was an usherette, complete with torch and ice cream tray, back in the late 80s. I saw Road House and Lethal Weapon 2 far too many times than can be good for anyone's mental health.

I was an usherette, complete with torch and ice cream tray, back in the late 80s. I saw Road House and Lethal Weapon 2 far too many times than can be good for anyone's mental health.

oooooo baby.....................just me then :suspect:

I worked for Nirmal, who now has Indian Restaurant on Glossop Road. They had little corner shop at Crookes, we called it "The Indian Shop".

It had the most wonderful smell, and to a child of the 60's/70's, they were like nothing Id smelt before, fresh ginger and spices. Nirmal also held cooking classes at her home through the back of shop, I would drool, she is the most amazing cook :P

I was only about 10 or 11 at time so was paid in goods, I went for liquorice root every time. :love:

Archived