Old Vicarage at Ridgeway

samstar999

I remember reading on here that at least one person's favourite restaurant is the Old Vicarage - well, it had a review in the Observer at the weekend and very good it was too! So, have a look whoever you are!

think it was me!!

been there many many times and it really is v v good.

worth going for special occasions

oooh that may have been me!! This place is probably my favorite restaurant in Sheffield.

The decor is a little to be desired but think it fits well with the 'old' style.

The wine list, choice of creations on the menu and the woman who owns it: Tess, are all fantastic!!! It isn't the cheapest but the menu is that good that it is value for money tbh. They grow a lot of their ingredients in the gardens surrounding the Vicarage and a lot of what is on the menu is local produce.

I have visited this place more times that I can remember and loved it each and everytime! :hihi:

The Old Vicarage is a completely different league to the Cricket Inn!!

As a pub, the Cricket Inn is in a different league to the Old Vicarage, which doesn't rate highly at all.

One was in a pub guide, the other in a restaurant review.

Archived