Anyone been to the Sherwood pub in Birley?

courtneychar

hi

just wondered if any other forum users were regulars in my local the sherwood on birley moor road!! (thats all nowt 2 exiting)

I'v Dj'd there before refurb and after.It is a good place although i now work for their sons pub. Still go to sherwood.Had my wedding their ,brilliant night.

It still gets very busy although it may not look it with it being 1 very large room.

Check saturday nights out Karaoke.We don't even live close to it any more but still make the effort to go occassionally.But i can't go saturdays,so we go when disco is on.All staff are excellent as long as you don't step out of line like most places.Same goes for Sue/Murphy.They been doing it long enough,and are still so that says it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im jess...i worked at the sherwood for the best part of four years...the best job ive ever ever had...what a laugh!!!! i only left four months ago and i miss it loads...Sue and murph are strict and i have been on the reciving end a few times. There strictness is for your safety, There are no rules and regs anymore anywhere and these are the places that are drug riddled unlike the sherwood,it is the best place for the weekend and you can still see me there having a few sneaky ones!!!! ray may the kareoke DJ on a sat is a legend probebly one of the funniest men i have ever met. DO NOT WEAR WHITE SOCKS ON A SAT NIGHT...ha ha there will be consequences...say hello from jess when u go in..and i shall be back to annoy them soon!!!!

• 2 months later...
Went there couple weeks ago a mates wedding reception and everyone complained about the food the service and the atitude of the staff, i did'nt stay long but they have made a complaint to the brewery....

Hi, just had my wedding at the Sherwood and the attitude of one particular member of staff was appalling to both me, my husband and all my guests, im in the process of complaint, did your friend get anywhere at all?

Me and hubby went on saturday - looked like there had been some bother when we turned up just gone 8ish. Police everywhere -looked like it was something that had happened in the function room???

You will always get some brain-dead dingbat getting lairy, after a couple of sniffs at the barman's apron, unfortunately.

Archived