Wednesday nights in Town

jemson

I know there`s some kind of promotion to get things going in the city on Wednesdays but what are the details?

Where are the places with special offers? Any good?

I think there`s entertainment too! ?

Cheers!

Needed to get something from Coles so used the late opening on Wed last week as an opportunity to check out the 'Wednesday Night Live' events etc. It was a beautiful evening, a bit chilly, but sunny. There was a singer/guitarist on the City Hall steps (Dan Torres) who was really good, but unfortunately there was hardly anyone around to hear him. He finished at 6.45pm so we strolled down to the Winter Gardens hoping to catch some more live music. One band were just packing away, and another band setting up. But I only counted about 6 or 7 people in there apart from us. What a shame. I felt quite sorry for the musicians but nothing seemed to be happening so we left. Oh, and I noticed a unicyclist and his mates just leaving so they'd probably been performing somewhere. The Peace gardens were quite busy with drinkers outside the various bars/cafes.

We walked back to Fargate and most of the shops were closed. To be honest, it was like a ghost town. Ended up in Aagraa (sp?) in Leopold Square. That was busy and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

I really do hope that these Wed nights become more popular. I'll try it again in a few weeks.

Archived