Testicular Cancer - Has anyone else been affected?

Thanks Stressed Mum!! We are awaiting blood tests to see if chemo required but found early so we are one of the lucky ones!! Sorry to hear about our family's battle - once you experience it, it's everywhere you look x

Bob Champion won his battle with that and won the Grand National in 1981. He went on to be a successful trainer, married and fathered a child (even though he was told that was not possible). Hope all goes well for you both.

Thanks for that. We already have one little bundle but are considering the possibility of OH trundling off to Weston Park with a bundle of 'romance magazines'. Although it accounts for only 0.7% of cancers in men, you hear lots of stories.

P.S Got very shy and stuttering doctor - asked OH if family complete. OH told him he didn't think there were any family members he was unaware of!!!:hihi:

Hi glad to hear your husband is on the road to recovery! I've I've had some serious illness in my family recently and know how testing it can be.

Have you read the cyclist Lance Armstrong's book "It's Not About The Bike: My Journey Back to Life" about his experience with testicular cancer? It's an excellent book and very detailed.

Good to hear your friends are well Tony. Did they have chemo?

I'm unsure about the one who had it twenty odd years ago, but the one who had it recently certainly did and he seems to recovering nicely.

Sorry to hear about this SSS6. Testicular cancer is one of the most treatable and curable cancers there is; I believe it has a 99% success rate. I did some research into this a few years back as my husband had a scare, but it turned out to be cyst.

Good luck.

Archived