Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

I was just wondering if there were any groups, classes or centres out there for pregnant teens.

I'm getting really bored stuck at home. All the leaflets ive had given me by MW have all started back in september.

I've nothing to do with my days anymore.

It's really getting me down!

:) Thanks everyone!

Gina x

Give Early Days, Palgrave Rd a call, we have antenatal yoga, young mums groups and if your not local we can point you in right direction for something closer if you prefer. X

Tel: 0114 2503060 either ante natal team or parent link team.:)

It's over a year ago since I was in Jessops hospital, but I'm sure I remember seeing a notice on the notice board about a young mums group, I think it may be run at that Family planning clinic in Town centre. Not totally sure, but maybe worth giving them a ring.

Also, I was thinking. Maybe if you feel up to, go along to some of the toddler groups that you are planning on going to once you have had your baby. I'm sure they will be welcoming and you can get to know some of the Mums beforehand.

Come to jellytots, we'll make you a cup of tea, you can watch the little ones bouncing around the place or hold a baby, and chat. It's very friendly, I promise.

It's run by Zebra, and I am usually there on a Monday, and possibly Wednesdays up till Christmas.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday. 1 pm - 3 pm. Victoria Methodist Hall. Chapel Walk off Fargate. Entrance opposite Superdrug.

Thanks peeps. Think i'm going to start and get off my backside now and get out! At first it was great, leaving school and doing sweet FA. Now, it's getting annoying. I wished that somewhere would take me on as temp until xmas, but they won't! Grr..not even a card shop that'll need extra staff. I don't suit their requirements! And havn't since July. :) Thanks again xxx

Hi Gina

I felt a bit lonely and miserable when I was on maternity leave waiting for my baby as I didnt know what to do with myself. Everyone kept telling me to rest and enjoy it but I got bored and fed up just sitting around. It def helps to get out. If you speak to the Childrens info service (now sheffield information link)- your MW should have the number if you cant find it & they will send you a list of everything thats on in your area xxxxx

Aw Gina I know how you feel. It gets really lonely. I'm only 19(granted a mature 19 but a number is a number) and I'm not from Sheffield so I don't know many people here yet even though I've been here nearly 2 years. I'm considering giving jellytots a go but I'm nervous in case I'm left on my own lol. Good luck. :)

Hay Raven - come down, we don't leave people on their own, unless that's what they want.

I go and chat with everyone to styart with, introduce them to a few people and once a conversation is going then leave them to get on with it. It's the best way to get to know people and the easiest way to crack on with it if you aren't the outgoing type.

We do have the odd one or two who sit and do their own thing, that's fine, everyone else just joins the melee of mothers :)

I vouch for JellyTots they really are a lovely group and Zebra does help to introduce you to other people and puts you at ease. I haven't been down for a while, but that's only because living on the other side of the Sheffield border means it's a bit awkward to get to, otherwise I would be down there every week.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumps and Beyond[

A small and welcoming Baby Group for all mums/ dads/ carers with babies under 18 months, to play and relax together, chat and get to know other parents with babies. Also access to the Toy Library where Toys, Children’s Books/ Story Sacks, Parents Advice Books, etc can be borrowed free of charge.

Also available for expectant families an antenatal drop-in service where local Midwives will be available to give advice/ etc (no appointment necessary), with the opportunity to join the Baby Group to chat to 'New mums/ Dads'.

The session will run every Tuesday afternoon 1pm-3pm @ Creswick Street Children’s Centre (just off Langsett Road)

The First Session will be on Tuesday the 8th of January