Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

There are a couple of good community magazines (Link and Chatterbox found in Post Offices, GP suregries and community centres/churches) that list all the playgroups and I think there's a sticky on here too. Not, S10 but not too far away in S11 are the NCT Bumps and Babes at St Andrews ?Church Hall off Kingfield Rd on Tuesday 10-12 and Kings Centre on Mondays and Fridays 9.45 til 12 on Osborne Rd, the latter has a separate room for very small babies away from the hurly burly of the other kids!

Hi everyone I'm new to Sheffield Forum.

I'm also a new Mum living in Woodseats and feeling quite stressed and isolated. My partner has been great but he's back at work now and I was wondering if anyone could reccommend any mother and baby groups in the S8/S10 area. I don't have any mates in Sheffield with small babies. I know there's a few mother and toddler groups around but I wanted to go somewhere where there would be some babies also.

Thanks

Hi EmPet, Click on the Jellytots link in my signature :)

Hi, I'm a new mum in S8 too. I'm planning on going to St Chad's baby/toddler group in the new year. It runs on tuesdays 9:30 - 11:30 and Thursdays (afternoon - not sure what time but it says on the website). I spoke to Sam (one of the leaders) in church yesterday and she said the tuesday one has more babies and the thursday has more toddlers so is more boistrous!

Theres also a pram push in graves park on monday mornings at 10am.

Hope you find something that suits you & your little one!!!

Linds

Hi, I live in Woodseats and my baby is 9 months old. If it's still the same, then you will get a letter from the health visitor inviting you to a number of sessions (6 in our case) in the S8 area where you meet other mums.The health visitor is there each week too to talk about different things and weigh your baby if you want. I met 5 people at the group and we now meet up at each others houses.

Feel free to pm me if you're feeling lonely.

Hi everyone, thanks for all your kind replies. I'm gonna give the pram push around Graves park a try as I am a frequent visitor to the park anyway. I'm also gonna check out St Chad's to see if they have any spaces.

Thanks again.