Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

I don't know the exact details of any groups, but I know there a quite a few in the Hillsborough area which would be ideal for you both. I've listed a a few sites that I know of that you could search through for any local groups.

http://www.netmums.com - has a things to do page with parent and toddler groups listed.

http://www.eventsheffield.co.uk - search for child, toddler etc and there are some events/groups listed.

http://www.childcarelink.gov.uk/ - also lists some groups.

Hope these help.

Help please! I have just moved up here from the West Midlands and am looking for a good toddler group that isn't too far from where I live in Stocksbridge. I have a friend in Stannington and we are after somewhere preferably between our houses, though closer to her would be better as I am more able to travel then she is.

I went to some in the Midlands when my other kids were young and was made to feel like an outsider so we are after somewhere friendly (Yorkshire has the drop on the Midlands when it comes to being friendly anyway - you're a lovely bunch lol!). Ideally we could do with something on a Tuesday to fit round work and other commitments. Has anyone any ideas please? I am also after getting to know other young Mums in the area as I left my friends behind when I moved so any contact would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance, Rachel

Hi Rachel,

There is one on carlton rd church, Hillsbrough, just off middlewood Rd (the road that runs up by the KFC).

Its runs on Monday and Thurday mornings 9.30 - 11.30, its a really friendly group new members are always made to feel welcome.

There is a great group on Forbes Road in Hillsborough in the Church Hall. Tuesdays 10 til 12 I think. Very friendly - the organisers gave all us Mums flowers for Mother's Day last week. Free and biscuits and drinks provided. Loads of toys, babies and Mums to meet.

I really appreciate all the info and am going to try out the Forbes Rd and the Carlton Rd toddler groups. Jellytots sounds great but a little far out for me to try - thanks though. If anyone else still has anywhere else to recommend though I am happy to try them too.

Forbes Rd group is just for babies - forgot to mention that. Sheffield Information Link (formally Children's Information Centre) on Leopold St in Town can give you a list of all the local group. Think they have a website too. If you have babies I am running a baby massage group in Crookes on a Monday afternoon from the 7th April see http://www.freewebs.com/westsheffieldbabymassage. Library babytime and storytime sessions are usually good too - think Hillsborough does them. Walkley shut at the moment.

I dont know if Wharncliffe Side is feasable for you both but.....

There is one at the chapel in wharncliffe side, just off main road. It is called Bright Young Things and runs on a Tuesday between 9 and 11.30ish. It is relatively new with a nice bunch of ladies that go.

Also on a Thursday in Wharncliffe Side at the community centre is BusyBees which runs between 9.30 and 11.30am.

Hope this helps....:)

There is a very popular toddler group wednesday mornings 9.15-11.15 at Rivelin School on Morley Street,Sheffield S6 2PL.

My nephew goes there (and a friend's child) and they love it!

The lady who run's it gathered a loyal following of mum's and toddlers at another group and they have all followed her down to Rivelin School.

Also,it's just 5 mins from Stannington.

• 1 month later...

hi i am only 22 weeks pregnant but i am just thinking ahead! i haven't been told anything from mw yet about groups or anything. was just wondering do they have mother and baby groups in sothall/ beighton?? what age do they do it from? just thinking when i have my little girl will be nice to meet other mums in the same area. thanks jane xx