Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

hi amzy! when will the childrens center be opening?

Not sure at the moment, the building is ready (just a few snagging things to get finished off!)

We are just in the process of ordering equipment/ resources/ etc and meeting with local services (Midwives/ Health Visitors/ Advice Worker/ and many more) to sort out 'core' services that will be running from the centre.

We want to get it up and running ASAP, probably looking at September at the moment but it will hopefully be before then! We will be having a big launch event for parents/ etc, I will post info of the launch on here when i have more info!

x

I have tried a few toddler groups in Stannington. There is one at the community centre off Wood Lane (go down the path at the side of the childrens centre to get there) on a Thursday morning at about 9.30. There is also one at Stanwood Church on Stannington Road on Wednesday afternoons. Shooters Grove School also have a toddler group on the 1st Friday of the month 9.30ish in the Nursery, which is good as there are a number of toddlers that go there who will be in the same year as your son when they start school (if he's in that catchment area).

forbes hall, behind what used to be 'the deep end' now weatherspoons.

they have a big active toddler group there on a thursday morning ( i work there, washing pots and clearing up) starts 9.30 til 11 ish. they also have a mum and baby group, same place on a tuesday, realy great to meet new people in the same boat when your'e a new mum. i'm proud to say i was one of its first members 5 years ago when it was brand new and there was just 3 of us, now its really popular . if you want more info pm me and i can tell you all about it, or even meet you so its not so scary going in on you own ( to the thursday on..i don't do tuesday)