Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

Hi all,

Sheffield Information Link (formerly Children's Information Service) hold up-to-date lists of toddler groups in Sheffield. We can provide you with a list of the groups local to you and how to contact them, as well as loads of other information which might be useful to some of you on this thread - e.g. your local mum and toddler groups, fun leisure classes for children (both little ones and older up to the age of 19), special needs support, and lots more. See my signature for contact details, hope this is helpful!

• 2 weeks later...

I take my 2 year old to a kind of dancing, movement to music type of class. My DD loves it. It's at Ecclesall, at the Ecclesall Parish Halls (Room 2) on Ringinglow Road. Tuesdays at 10am and costs £4.

(Sorry bad spelling on the place names)

Hi this is this the first time Ive done anyhing like this so if I everything wrong humour me! :hihi:

I have a six month old little girl and I live at Stocksbridge I really want to take her to a parent and baby group nearby, so that she isn't so clingy with me and I can get out and meet other mums. Does anyone know if there are any good ones around???

Please :help:

Proud mummy

Hi proud mummy, welcome to the board. Your local library runs some great groups. Give them a call to check times Manchester Road, Sheffield, S36 1DH

Tel 0114 273 4205 & Whitwell Community Centre

Cedar Road

Stocksbridge

SHEFFIELD

S36 1AS Wednesday 9.45am - 11.45am. Open during school holidays except Summer and Christmas

It can be quite daunting to go to groups on your own. I was really anxious doing so when my baby was little, I found it really useful to get involved with the group as I easily formed friendships and felt I had a role... I'm sure there are others on here who would be happy to meet up too.

hiya,

don't know Stocksbridge that well...are you on facebook if so you may find someone in this group...for Sheffield Mummies. http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group.php?gid=37048731498

Some of us are meeting up tomorow and going to Jellytots (parent and baby group) in the city centre tomorrow - you are welcome to join us.

There is a group that runs on a monday morning from 10am-11.30am at Stocksbridge Leisure centre. Its £1.50 to cover tea etc.

Theres also one that runs on a Monday and Thursday morning at St Johns church hall in Deepcar.

I am in Stocksbridge too and have two LO's aged 3 months and 18months.

Any other Stocksbridge mummies feel free to PM me!

x