Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

I am Portuguese and have a 14 months old son who is being raised bilingual (English and Portuguese). Are there any informal or formal toddler groups where Portuguese is spoken? It would be great to meet other Portuguese speaking mothers and toddlers.

Thanks!

Hey again!

Anyone recommend any toddler groups in/near S8 Batemoor or maybe on an easy bus route eg Woodseats Meersbrook etc or even City Centre ish?

DD is 2yrs 4 months now and won't be in nursery until December or after and I want her to play with other kids and interact as she must get so bored of me.

Anything- ones I can drop her at or stay with her at, not sure how they work! And prices/times etc?

As ever, Jellytots is in the city centre, running 3 afternoons a week 1-3pm at £1 or £1.50 depending on membership.

There's whole thread about groups listed in the shortcuts, have a look and see if anything else looks good too. I'll merge this thread with that eventually.

I can recommend a parent & toddler group on a friday morning if thats any good redissert? South Sheffield Evangelical Church on Bradway Road. On 76, 25 & 25A bus routes 9.30 til 11.30ish

Hey..., ooh sounds ideal, if you don't mind me asking where is Bradway? I am not on any of the above bus routes but think the 76 runs just over on Lowedges or I can walk to Meadowhead and get from there.

Do you know the cost at all? I am new to all this!!! x

As ever, Jellytots is in the city centre, running 3 afternoons a week 1-3pm at £1 or £1.50 depending on membership.

There's whole thread about groups listed in the shortcuts, have a look and see if anything else looks good too. I'll merge this thread with that eventually.

Yes, been looking a thread I think with Jellytots on, may be ideal as whichever way I look at it I will probably have a bus journey as none seem close enough to walk so far but I don't mind.

Just feel bad as when I was working or at uni she was with her grandma all the time and now I spend most my days indoors, tired with the pregnancy and staring at this screen while she entertains herself most of the time and I want her to have a bit of fun.

She is only staying at her grandmas for tonight as we have been out for OH's birthday and I miss her like mad! Sob..... (hormones?!!) .

There is a toddler group in 'Unit 3' on Jordanthorpe shopping Centre, on a Monday morning 10-11.30am cost £1 and includes snack and drink for You and child.

Have been taking my two here for some time now, but have had to stop for abit as dd1 now at nursery and timings not fit.

Can highly recommend though, also Jellytots is good too have been there also.

There is a toddler group in 'Unit 3' on Jordanthorpe shopping Centre, on a Monday morning 10-11.30am cost £1 and includes snack and drink for You and child.

Have been taking my two here for some time now, but have had to stop for abit as dd1 now at nursery and timings not fit.

Can highly recommend though, also Jellytots is good too have been there also.

Oooh thats really convenient thanks for that it's not far away :-)