Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

when baby group is held at batmoor and jordanthorpe community centre (jordanthorpe shops) is held??? thanks

Hello. The toddler group held at Jordanthorpe Precinct meets on Mondays and Thursdays. If you would like to contact us (see details below) we can provide you with an up-to-date list of the toddler groups in your area along with the relevant contact details and session times.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Just to let you know that Move and Play is moving to 1.15pm on a Monday instead to fit better with afternoon napping afterwards as we tend to tire them out!

Also I will be starting another one soon in the centre of Sheffield on a Friday afternoon, I don't know if this is any better for you Wend. I'll let you know more when I have sorted out the details.

Thanks

Bonjour!

I'm hoping to set up a French-speaking playgroup in Walkley from September. It'll be non-profit and parents will be expected to help out. The group will be run entirely in French and, although most children will have at least one native-speaker parent, it will be open to anyone hoping to bring up their children bilingually - I'm thinking of parents who have studied French or lived in a French-speaking country.

If you would like any extra information please PM me your email address.

A bientot,

Sylvie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I really hope no-one minds me mentioning the playgroup that my daughter attends. They are currently looking for more children to attend from September and I do not hesitate in recommending them if you are looking for a few hours childcare per week for your little one in term time.

Endcliffe Playgroup is a registered charity and runs on Mondays and Wednesdays (I think they are proposing Thursday mornings too) 9.15-11.30 at Endcliffe Methodist Church off Ecclesall Road. They take children aged 2-4 and you can leave them in very capable hands for a couple of hours (or they are very happy for you to stay if you want to) ! The playgroup is fantastic and is themed structured play each week including excellent toys, role play area, making their own snack, outside play, quiet jigsaws and games, singing and books. My daughter's confidence has really blossomed there. As she doesn't attend nursery (I'm a stay at home mum) I see it as a really great way to prepare her for school.

If you are want to know anymore then ask me any questions you like or if you are interested in trying it out then you can call Nicola on 0114 2669578 or email endcliffeplaygroup@talktalk.net.

Many thanks.

Hi, I'm wanting to take my 2yr old to a toddler group so he can play with other children, I did go to one about 8 months ago on parsons cross but it was too busy and not very friendly, everyone had been going for ages and they all knew each other so new people were'nt really welcomed lol, also I cant drive so I dont really want to be travelling far for a group.