Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

Hi

I've got a 5 month old daughter and just wondered if any body knew of a group or something where we could go as I need to get out of the house every so often , her dad has work so im often just stuck in the house and we'vwe only been living round here for 6 months and could really do with meeting some new people... thanks

There is a new group starting up meeting in peoples homes in Heeley, Meersbrook and Woodseats area. The group will be meeting on Mondays 10-12 during termtime and starting on 11th October. Mums (and mums to be) and babies are welcome. If you're interested, please pm me

I remember a friend taking her kiddies to Valley Surestart.

There's also the JellyTots group, which meets in the Victoria Hall Methodist church, opposite the Crucible Theatre in the centre of town, that Zebra on here set up. Just a thought that it might be easier to get to?

Wow, you must have read my mind fozzywozzy, I am also looking for a mother and baby group and have a 5 month old daughter :-) I have been attending the baby massage group at what was Herdings School, but would be really interested in attending a mother and baby group as like you my husband is at work all day and it would be nice to meet with new people and get out of the house more often (tend to go to my parents house most of the time to escape!).

Wow, you must have read my mind fozzywozzy, I am also looking for a mother and baby group and have a 5 month old daughter :-) I have been attending the baby massage group at what was Herdings School, but would be really interested in attending a mother and baby group as like you my husband is at work all day and it would be nice to meet with new people and get out of the house more often (tend to go to my parents house most of the time to escape!).

haha lol im always at my mums and sisters lol would be and my mates dont wanna hear baby talk all the time so i dont see them that often now

There's a playgroup every weekday morning in the pavilions at Meersbrook Park from 9:30 - 12ish I think, very friendly but I think it's more suited to toddlers - more activities etc.

There's a Mother and Baby group at the Grapevine Centre, Heeley on Tuesdays at 9:30am - I've never been but heard good things.

Have you tried a local Sure Start as well? They often run good groups. The Sharrow one is a bit far, but they do a good Thursday morning group in the Trinity Centre in Highfield during term time.

My Sheffield geography isn't great, but is Charnock any good to you? The 'Bump and Beyond' classes started last week. for pregnant mums and kids up to 12 months. We went to the Woodhouse one and think we'll be making it a regular thing. It's basically a social for a couple of hours with guest speakers on relevant topics

PM me for contact details

Introducing our new Baby BODS dance class - for all the little dancing DIVAS out there!!!

STARTS SATURDAY 6TH NOVEMBER

9.30AM-10.00AM

Valley Pentecostal Church,

512 Manchester Road,

Stocksbridge, Sheffield S36 2DU

£2.00 Ages 4yrs and below (with adult accompaniment)

Branching Out Dancing (est 1990)

http://www.branchingoutdancing.co.uk

Nikki 2844071/Karen 287612