Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

Have to say i am totally shocked and very sorry about this, i have been going to this group for years! (my eldest child is 8 ) long before Ruth started running it. I find your comments about people moving your things a little concerning, are you sure that it wasnt child that pushed your things to one side? i can honestly say i have never seen this happen!!

Wendy (a mother of 3 young children) makes the best possible effort to include everyone at our group, she spends hours!! of her own time organising numerous activities for our children, and i for one am very grateful.

I guess the long and short of this is that we dont all have the same expectations of these sort of groups.

Again im sorry that you felt this way Hannah, i hope you find a group that you and your little girl can both enjoy :).

Im sure I will would just like to add it was a parent who moved my things I put my baby's change bag on a chair and my coat and a parent came along and put them on the floor! and as for Wendy she hasn't ever spoken to me! So my advice to anyone out there is to avoid this group!

Does anyone know of any groups i could attend with my 6 month old that start around lunchtime/early afternoon in Hillsborough?

I struggle getting him up and ready to go anywhere for a 9.30am start!

If i recall correctly there is an afternoon one at wisewood church, cant remember the day tho, maybe give them a call and ask :)

Incidently if you can be bothered to get into gear, then i can ensure you that you would be made to feel more than welcome at Carlton Rd :D:cool:

If i recall correctly there is an afternoon one at wisewood church, cant remember the day tho, maybe give them a call and ask :)

Incidently if you can be bothered to get into gear, then i can ensure you that you would be made to feel more than welcome at Carlton Rd :D:cool:

Well I wouldn't mind seeing for myself what this Carlton Road place is like. My problem is that little'in doesn't tend to stir before 9am and its a good 30 mins walk from ours so time wise it doesn't really work out but guess I don't need to be there for the beginning, or do I?

Well I wouldn't mind seeing for myself what this Carlton Road place is like. My problem is that little'in doesn't tend to stir before 9am and its a good 30 mins walk from ours so time wise it doesn't really work out but guess I don't need to be there for the beginning, or do I?

Of course you dont, to be honest by the time ive got my big girls to school, popped home and got there, its closer to 10 by the time i get there. Come what ever time you like, you'll have years of dashing around in the mornings, when you little un starts school..............enjoy the lazy mornings for as long as you can :)

I know you've said you have found somewhere but i know newton chambers in high green do dance classes for three year olds, ballet i think it is.

yes its in chapeltown though. ballet and tap. thursdays 4-5pm and sat mornings at 9.30- 11.30

I also have ballet and tap outfits I bought for my daughter. was expensive to buy and she only went ballet 4times- let me know if you could do with some and can sort out a fair price..

thanks

Its probably listed somewhere but there are two many posts to go through but where abouts on Carlton Road is the toddler group? Is there a church or hall on that road somewhere? Thanks

Yes its in the church, which is right at the top on the left had side. The main hall is actually upstairs, if youre using a buggy, you can park it at the bottom stairs........just follow the noise :hihi:

Does anyone know of any groups i could attend with my 6 month old that start around lunchtime/early afternoon in Hillsborough?

I struggle getting him up and ready to go anywhere for a 9.30am start![/quote

1.try St.Barts Chuch langsett they start at 12.30 - 2 pm Wednesdays

2. buggy brigade Mondays at 1.30-3pm meet at Hillborough pavillion , the group walk around the park then back to pavillion for tea/coffee and biscuits - keeps you fit

3. newly formed Tabernacle church Tuesdays 1-3pm this group is aimed at mums with under1's , really friendly ( homestart logo ) advert in coop :)