Mother / parent and baby or toddler groups

Dr Feelgood

Hi there

Im looking for a dance class for my 4.5 year old. All the ones Ive found have been quite formal and tend to be straightforward ballet or tap etc. We are really looking for a more informal dance class that offers a bit of variety and not leading to exams or badges. Can anyone help?

I have found a few of the type we are looking for but not any nearby...

Would really appreciate it if anyone could help as spent hours looking with no luck so far....

Thank you!

Hi,

Wondered if anyone could point me in the direction of any mum and baby groups today, Its my day off and since I started back at work I dont get chance to take DS. Im in S6 but no problem in traveling to S10 or S5.

PS DS is 6 months so somewhere baby friendly would be brill!

Mondays:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free) Took the boys here for the first time today and it was lovely. A great choice of toys, craft activities, snacks, music time and a cup of tea for mummy.

Wisewood Weenies (s6 4sb) 9-11.15am £1 per session. Waiting List.

Hillsborough Baptist church toddler group (s6 4jf) 10-11.30am 70p per sesson.

baby buggy parade (1.30-3pm) all good intentions to go to this when I had DS1 but never actually made it... perhaps with DS2 i will with it being summer

St. Polycarps church toddler group. Malin Bridge. 10-11.30am

Eskdale Toddler Group (le[ppings lane) 9.30-11am

Tuesday:

Kids and cuddles (s6 4he) 10-11.30am £1 per session may pop along tomorrow see what this is like

Mum and baby coffee moring and friendship group (s6 2nw) 10-12 Waiting list

Space Fun Zone (s6 4ha) 9.30-11.30am

Baby time (s6 4hd) 10.15-11.15am last tuesday of month.

Sacred Heart Toddler Group (s6 2nl) 10-12 £1 per session

Lose the blues (s6 4hf) 1-3pm

Wednesday:

Little owls toddler group (s6 4sd) 9-11am £1.50 session

Thursday:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free)

St. Johns parent and toddler group (s6 2nw) 10-11.30am and 1-2.30pm 60p per session.

Reach out parent and toddler group. (s6 2aa) 9.15-11.15am £1.50 session

Friday:

Malin bridge toddler group (S6 4WA) 9.30-11am £1 session

Marcliffe toddler group (s6 1) 9-10.30am £1 session

Saturday:

my dad and me time to play (s6 2tn) 11-1 FREE

there is also Jellytots in the city centre mondays, wednesdays and fridays (see sticky at top of page).

if you want any of the locations/ addresses for any of the above let me know, have put postcdes so you can get a rough idea of locations from google but DS2 due a feed in a minute so no time to write full addresses.

(always worth searching the forum as I actually posted this in TWO different threads!!)

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=741051

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=774729

Hi,

Due to numerous duplicate posts about different baby/ toddler groups in Sheffield I thought it would be a good idea to put the information on one thread.

Please post in here details (names, locations (postcode if you have it), times and price (if you know of it) and any other useful information (i.e. use enterence on xxx street, only during term time etc) below.

(mods can we make it a sticky??)

(i'll put more info on later)

Mondays:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free) Took the boys here for the first time today and it was lovely. A great choice of toys, craft activities, snacks, music time and a cup of tea for mummy.

baby buggy parade (1.30-3pm) all good intentions to go to this when I had DS1 but never actually made it... perhaps with DS2 i will with it being summer

St. Polycarps church toddler group. Malin Bridge. 10-11.30am

Eskdale Toddler Group (le[ppings lane) 9.30-11am

Tuesday:

Kids and cuddles (s6 4he) 10-11.30am £1 per session may pop along tomorrow see what this is like

Mum and baby coffee moring and friendship group (s6 2nw) 10-12 Waiting list

Baby time (s6 4hd) 10.15-11.15am last tuesday of month.

Sacred Heart Toddler Group (s6 2nl) 10-12 £1 per session

Lose the blues (s6 4hf) 1-3pm

Wednesday:

Little owls toddler group (s6 4sd) 9-11am £1.50 session

Thursday:

Carlton road toddler group (s6 1wr) - 9.30-11.30 £1.50 a session (first one free)

St. Johns parent and toddler group (s6 2nw) 10-11.30am and 1-2.30pm 60p per session.

Reach out parent and toddler group. (s6 2aa) 9.15-11.15am £1.50 session

Friday:

Malin bridge toddler group (S6 4WA) 9.30-11am £1 session

Marcliffe toddler group (s6 1) 9-10.30am £1 session

Saturday:

my dad and me time to play (s6 2tn) 11-1 FREE

there is also Jellytots in the city centre mondays, wednesdays and fridays (see sticky at top of page).

If your looking for something central there is always Jellytots Parent and Baby/Toddler Group on Chapel Walk.

Jellytots is a parent and child drop in centre/ toddler group for parents with children under five. Pushchair accessible, changing facilities, food warming, highchairs and baby swings for use.

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday 1-3pm.

Come and meet others in a child friendly environment, have a cuppa and let your kids play.

Suited for children from birth to five.

Huge amounts of toys and books. Occasional craft activities.

Social environment for parents.

Breast feeding friendly.

Through glass doors opposite Superdrug on Chapel Walk. Lower ground floor of Victoria Methodist Mission. Just £1 with membership or £1.50 without. (£5 annual membership for those interested)"

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Me and some other Mums run a playgroup for 0-5 year olds in S7 (near the big Tesco on Abbeydale Rd) and we are looking for more people to come to along!

It is on Monday mornings from 9.45 until 11.45, there are loads of toys, a snack time, singing time and tea/coffee for the grown ups. It costs £1.50 for the first child and 50p per additional child.

This playgroup has been running for over 30 years now, by various mums, just voluntarily and we have hit a bit of a dip of numbers so need a few more mums/dads/grandparents/childminders/carers and their tots to join us!

PM me for more details!