Sheffield Hallam New student union

Tim42

I have heard that the doomed Pop music centre is now the new union headquarters for Sheffield Hallam University. I have heard on the radio that the union is opening today & also non students are allowed in. Any one been in yet? What beer is available at the bar? Any real ale? I need to know!

I will miss the HUB/ST bar. Dingy and nasty thatsa proper student union IMO.

Haven't abused the life time membership for a while though so may go and check it out.

Is the bar in the same place as the sadly missed MoJo's?

Originally posted by Tim42

Thanks Boy face. I know both The Rutland & Red Lion very well. Great boozers in a sea of lagers bars. So the new union is basicaly a lager bar? Thanks for the info. I wont be going

I was talking to the bar manager at hallam a few years ago & he was despondant that whenever he got real ales in - no one was interested - strong fizzy lager & alcopops was what sold.. its what the kids want...

Jake.

Cask & CUTLER

Fat Cat

Hillsborough Hotel

Gardeners Rest

New Barrack Tav

Red Lion

Rutland

& some others

No trouble. No chavs. Great palceses, people. Great beer, great times. Need I say more?

Oh! Classic Rock Bar. Please resurface very soon. Truly Classic.

Archived