Blackpool .. tell me about it.

Have you considered somewhere else and visit visiting Blackpool for the day? Southport is a much nicer place and Ainsdale Beach just a little further down the coast is very clean and sandy, with lots of secluded sheltered dunes, unlike the concrete that is Blackpool beach.

Southport .. yup .. twice yearly for the Soul Weekenders at Pontins !

Done Whiby .. bit of a mistake as I have crutches and a bad back .. but we did eat in The Magpie and YES, that was worth the whole two hours we were there.

Southport .. yup .. twice yearly for the Soul Weekenders at Pontins !

Done Whiby .. bit of a mistake as I have crutches and a bad back .. but we did eat in The Magpie and YES, that was worth the whole two hours we were there.

Don't forget to wear flippers..if you want to blend in with the locals that is.

Having never been to Blackpool and not being able to afford a holiday this year, I suggested that we, as a family, have a day out in Blackpool .. staying over for a night (or two) ..

I know there must be loads to do, but what are your suggestions? What are the MUST DO'S of the place.

I don't care if it's tacky .. Blackpool is a classic british seaside place and it's a MUST DO for me.

Thanking you in anticipation.

To be honest its not very nice, i went the other month to watch Wednesday and its really run down, a weeks more than enough i would say.

It's better than Cleethorpes, Bridlington, Scarborough but its not as good as some people think.

Hahah .. god it sounds gruesome ...I only want the sea, sand, donkeys and pleasure beach .. but I might aswell get a paddling pool, a bag of sand from Early Learning and go to Thorpe Park for the day!

Hmm... Last time I went to Blackpool:

Arrived at 1pm on Friday, entered a nightclub full of people off their face underneath Blackpool tower.

Went into a bar, saw a man attacked with a glass bottle (3pm ish)

Went to Pleasure Beach, it was OK apart from the gangs of chavs attempting to spoil things.

Night out was spent dodging vomit, large fights and shall we say large women on hen nights.

The following morning was spent eating breakfast whilst an Eastern European lady performed a dance, thrusting her breasts at one stage into my beans.

All in all, an entertaining few hours. Not sure I'd take a family there though!

Oh, almost forgot. When we got into our hotel there was a dried pile of vomit in the corner of the room and in the bathroom someone had left a wonderful log for us which the staff hadn't bothered to clean up!

Arrived at 1pm on Friday, entered a nightclub full of people off their face underneath Blackpool tower.

are you sure about that, under the tower is the tower ballroom: http://www.cilco.co.uk/stock-photos/architecture/images/blackpool-tower-ballroom-dancing-b.jpg

and under that the tower circus:

http://image12.webshots.com/13/3/10/1/159231001Vbkmhb_fs.jpg

there isn't a nightclub under the tower just the componants of tower world lol

Archived