S17 Coffee Shop - Bradway

DippyDore

Went in today, first time I've been in for a while, looked a little bit different to before - noticable lack of menu's on the tables and slightly different decor. But not majorly so.

But on ordering my sandwich I knew something other than the menu's or decor had changed.

Before there used to be a vast choice of lovely fresh breads from which to choose and some very imaginitive sandwiches on offer. Today there wasn't.

My sandwich was, well, "ok" but not fantastic. And the thing is the sandwiches there used to be simply fantastic before.

So, I'm assuming it has changed hands? It's a pity. It really was probably the best sandwich/coffee shop around in my opinion. If it is in new hands I wish the new owners well, but, they should start by finding out what made it so successful before and try and get their standards up to that level or I'm afraid it won't succeed.

Archived