What's on your "must do" list when you visit Sheffield

StJohn

I currently live in a place were everyone wears shorts all the time in the summer even to go to the bar and eat, I have maybe wore a pair of long trousers twice in the last month.

But in preping for England I tried asking my dad what people wear out in Sheffield these days. I was sternly told he would be seen dead with me in the pub if I wore shorts (he's old school), So if anyone can enlighten me, have things changed? Do I need trousers, no jeans, collared shirt and no trainers to go downtown on the weekend. Are flip-flops in the pub allowed? or will I just get "look at that Tw*t" when I go out?

StJohn

You would freeze to death in flipflops!!Nothing but rain here!!Remember, England..June..equals water!!Wimbledon and Glastonbury!! equals water.

More likely that you would look good in just a pair of jeans and a nice top and decent trainers.Nobody cares that much, but flip flops are for holidays abroad on the beach.!!:thumbsup:

I was brought up in Sheff in the 40s,50s & 6os, it was an O.K. place then, I felt safe going about my business, now living in my own piece of heaven in rural Lincolnshire there's only one thing on my "must do" list when I visit, and that's LEAVE!!!!

I was brought up in Sheff in the 40s,50s & 6os, it was an O.K. place then, I felt safe going about my business, now living in my own piece of heaven in rural Lincolnshire there's only one thing on my "must do" list when I visit, and that's LEAVE!!!!

Well, you did live in Arbourthorne!

If you remember the Botanical Gardens - with its rather dilapidated glass houses. Well, it was all tarted up a couple of years ago, including new glass corridors to connect the buildings,

Its a bit like the Winter Gardens, which are roughly where the town hall eggbox extension used to be.

Archived