The Peacock Stannington

raskel

Guest poppins

Oh! now i see, it said TOP HOSE, thought it might mean top house, i should have known, yes, i like that place too, been lots of times for sunday din din, i think i'm old enought to go again now.

Went to the Peacock tonight for a drink and a bite to eat, and while we found the main courses of meat and tater pie with veg to be good value for money, the dessert was disappointing.We ordred treacle roly poly with custard which cost £1 each (cheap enough) but was very dry and contained virtually no treacle. I would have rather paid double and had a nice lashing of treacle in there. My only other gripe (I know I sound like a grumpy old man) was the beer. The Peacock serves Thwaites beers, which are usually very good. However, because most of the staff tend to be teenage girls, wearing corporate tee shirts and baseball caps, they have no idea how to pull a good pint, and have maybe never been shown. So one is reduced to drinking smoothflow, or worse still lager ( for Gods sake). I suppose being typically British, we accept their offering and walk away tut tutting, not wishing to make a scene etc. vowing never to return.

My main objection to The Peacock is that the one time we went for a meal in what was laughingly called the non-smoking area we still came home with the smell of stale tobacco on our clothes. A shame really as it's my new local.

Roll on the smoking ban in pubs where food is served. :thumbsup:

Guest poppins
Originally posted by duffman

They don't have a carvery poppins, but when I have been the food has been nice and the atmosphere is good. Are you sure you live in connecticut? so how long since you were in Stannington?

Just accured to me duffman that a few people on the Forum don't belive i live in the States ? don't know why they would think i would lie, anyhow i do, also how many of you have this on your key board? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guest poppins
Originally posted by sanman

Pretty much anyone who can manage pressing [shift] & 4, such as $

How you do that sanman ? can i do the pound sign too ?

Originally posted by max

My main objection to The Peacock is that the one time we went for a meal in what was laughingly called the non-smoking area we still came home with the smell of stale tobacco on our clothes. A shame really as it's my new local.

Roll on the smoking ban in pubs where food is served. :thumbsup:

I agree.

A total ban on smoking in pubs is long overdue IMO, if only the establishment would get a move on and bring it in, bloody silly Govt and their red tape that makes everything take 20 years to bring in to law :rant:

Archived