Nice Sea-Food Restaurant?

pennypie

And there's Catch in Crosspool as well. Shame the BlueFin seems to have closed down - an excellent local fish restaurant presumably being stuffed by the opening of the rather bland and chain Loch Fyne.

I didn't know Bluefin had closed down, what a shame, I agree they were very good (but then again pricier than Loch Fyne). Personally, although I like both, I do think Catch is better than Loch Fyne - and the menu changes to reflect their freshest fish produce which it doesn't at Loch Fyne. However, Catch is not cheap! (and that's saying something cos Loch Fyne's not either!)

Well the sole is 18 pounds plu 2.50 for veg.

which costs less the than a fiver to get.

cooing time and prep about 15 mins (tops)

Know as I'm aware a fair costing model is one third labour , one third costs, one third profit. so i'm thinking 18 quid is steep unless the cheff is on 30 quid an hour.

doesn't really work like that

65% to 70% Gross profit on net selling price of the dish

Wages 20% to 30% of total turnover

over heads 10% to 15% depending on location

then plus some for loans insurance and some

.... and i'm sure you now the price of food is rising higher than inflation.

catch at crosspool and mediterranean at sharrow vale are both very fishy

(in a good way)

menu at both these places changes daily depending on what looked best & freshest at the morning fish markets

at catch you can see everything being cooked and the chef is quite skilled

loch fyne is nice but menu hasnt changed since it opened yet...

so whether fish is as fresh I dont know.

I guess it makes the kitchens life easier this way and they dont have to employ such experienced chefs.

(they do have some daily specials but only one or two)

I have been to loch fyne and had several nice meals but after eating at catch the other week I know where I would rather go in future...

Archived