What do you like most about being the age you are?

following on from a previous thread about women over 40,

whatever age you are what do like about it?.

I like being in my forties because, I dont have money worries, mortgage nearly done, kids grown up and independant, get lots of me time, holidays kid free, still young enough to go out on the town without feeling out of place.

Of course as 50 approaches I'm not too keen, but hey grow old gracefully I say..:)

Not quite sure how I feel about my age!

Sometimes I like being young because I have my whole life in front of me and I can make what I want of it - I have no responsibilies such as mortgage or children,

But on the other hand sometimes I dislike my age because of all the pressures of study, family, and financial problems such getting on the housing ladder and being a poor student rather then earning money!

I love being in my sixties. For too much of my life things were not good, now I am at peace with myself, and my family. I`ve stopped smoking, joined a healthy walking club, do some voluntary work and get out and about. What more could I want?

Not quite sure how I feel about my age!

Sometimes I like being young because I have my whole life in front of me and I can make what I want of it,

But on the other hand sometimes I dislike my age because of all the financial problems such getting on the housing ladder.

Oh, and being a poor student rather than earning loads!

I suppose its great to be young and have all the energy etc, but like you say its hard when starting out with mortgages having kids etc, the pressure is immense, I remember it well.

following on from a previous thread about women over 40,

whatever age you are what do like about it?.

I like being in my forties because, I dont have money worries, mortgage nearly done, kids grown up and independant, get lots of me time, holidays kid free, still young enough to go out on the town without feeling out of place.

Of course as 50 approaches I'm not too keen, but hey grow old gracefully I say..:)

I am in the same position as you but didn’t someone say 50 is the new 40, we can only hope so.

I don't like anything about being 37. You are past your sell by date for men - sad but true - too young for the Darby and Joan club - yet too old for the things you still enjoy without people thinking you shouldn't be doing them anymore.

I wish I was 23 forever. And will pretend to be mentally for as long as i can get away with it.

What I like about my age is the dating scene, the awkardness is gone. I also think that the age that I am. I am a lot more confident and comfortable with my own body, without the constant criticism from other females about you being too this or too that. Who needs it? :rolleyes:

I am also happy for the direction of my career, finally. It is not in a field I'd ever imagine myself being in, but it does allow me to travel and meet different people of different walks of life. Which is alway something that I enjoy doing. Maybe now I am able to channel my own skills and know where I am going more clearly.

I am also happy to go into a club and actually show up the young ones in retro dance music. :hihi: I actually don't quite understand why 10 years on, dance music seems to be still quite popular, but last night in Leadmill, the DJ were okay. It's scary, but the once upon a time popular retro 80's music is now being replaced by the retro 90s' music. OMG, what does that say about my age? :hihi:

People I used to work with when I first graduated really took the mick out of the "small box large box" dance move, but hey.... now I can show off to young uns how it's done. ;)

Archived