What do you like most about being the age you are?

I like being in my 60s. I have more time to myself, now only working a couple of days a week and doing some voluntary stuff. Our first grandchild was born when I was 60 - what a bonus! My grown up children have been independent for years and are doing fine, my OH's health is better than its been for years, I'm pretty fit and healthy too and I have a couple of really good friends. Although my income is much less than it was, I don't have the same material wants as I did when I was younger, and we live comfortably.

What's not to like? :thumbsup:

i dont like being 22. almost 23. scares me that i still dont know what to do with my life, and that i might not achieve it. i am also quite settled - boyfriend, house and cats and sometimes worry that i will get bored in the future and not be able to take off!

other times i like it as i feel self assured and when i go out i dont feel as if everyone is staring at me for the wrong reasons!

What I like about being middle aged(46) is that i know so much more now than I have ever done, and feel that I get wiser by the day.Sounds obvious, I know but I am starting to see myself and my situation in a completely different light and I have learnt to like and respect myself. I have built a shield of solid armour around me and I feel that now, no one can get to me .

I know that I am a worthwhile person and basically a good person.I know that I try to do my best at all times and that you have to live each day as it was your last.

Life experience is the most important thing so I have a travel list where I want to go and will go when I am financially able.

Would like to go to

The Phillipines

Shang hi

Australia

oh, and Cornwall!!

and the lake district

and Swanage again

and the isles of Scilly!!

• 2 years later...
following on from a previous thread about women over 40,

whatever age you are what do like about it?.

I like being in my forties because, I dont have money worries, mortgage nearly done, kids grown up and independant, get lots of me time, holidays kid free, still young enough to go out on the town without feeling out of place.

Of course as 50 approaches I'm not too keen, but hey grow old gracefully I say..:)

Well I started this thread nearly 3 years ago....and yeah I am nearly there the big 50 I was dreading so much is nearly upon me :roll:

however I am feeling better now than I did when I was 30/40 and been told look better than I did then too :)

for me life is just beginning and I dont intend on getting old just yet

so as 50 approaches I face it with new optimism and hope :)

following on from a previous thread about women over 40,

whatever age you are what do like about it?.

I like being in my forties because, I dont have money worries, mortgage nearly done, kids grown up and independant, get lots of me time, holidays kid free, still young enough to go out on the town without feeling out of place.

Of course as 50 approaches I'm not too keen, but hey grow old gracefully I say..:)

I've dumped issues such as money and romantic relationships through choice, and happier now than I ever was.

Well I started this thread nearly 3 years ago....and yeah I am nearly there the big 50 I was dreading so much is nearly upon me :roll:

however I am feeling better now than I did when I was 30/40 and been told look better than I did then too :)

for me life is just beginning and I dont intend on getting old just yet

so as 50 approaches I face it with new optimism and hope :)

For me too and the only place I got to out of the above is Cornwall!

Hoping to go to the Lake District soon.

Archived