Momtaz - ace new curry house in S8

lazyfish

It's on Chesterfield Rd near the Heeley Retail 'Park'. Think it used to be an Italian but just reopened as an Indian. The owners run a place in Matlock as well apparently. Anyway, I went on Sunday night and the food was outstanding. Wider choice and better prices than the Everest too. It was quiet cos it's only just opened, but I'd really recommend it to anyone.

• 4 weeks later...

I've got to put in a good word for their take-out and delivery service now as well.

The other night we had about a dozen people round for a do, and got everyone to write down what curry they wanted and how much it cost, just to keep track. Then I thought, well, seeing as I'm going out anyway to buy booze, I might as well just drop this list in at the Momtaz rather than take ages phoning it through.

So... not only did they quite happily take the order like this - and trust that we'd written down the right price for everything - they also put everyone's stuff in separate bags, with a name on each one, so that when it got delivered there was none of the usual faffing about sorting out whose curry is whose.

And it was all absolutely gorgeous top nosh.

Archived