Kumquat Mae Vegetarian Restaurant has closed down.

SimonS

Its a shame. I have to say the last time a friend and I were looking for somewhere for a cosy evening meal we had a look in at Kumquat Mae and it was totally empty.

Maybe the large number of competitors along London Rd has something to do with it.

Thanks for your comments so far people. I will let Nikki know when I see her this weekend. I'm sure many people had some good times at Kumquat Mae...... I have been late for work many a time after a night there. :hihi:

Went there for my 24th birthday this year, wouldn't have even thought about it (very fussy eater!) if it hadn't been for my lactose intolerant friend recommending it. It was really good, and coming from me about a vegan restaurant, that's impressive! Best wishes to Nikki for her future plans!

Its a shame. I have to say the last time a friend and I were looking for somewhere for a cosy evening meal we had a look in at Kumquat Mae and it was totally empty.

Maybe the large number of competitors along London Rd has something to do with it.

Maybe tastes are changing and restaurants are providing decent vegetarian options meaning that the demand for a restaurant which only satisfies one taste is limited.

It's also possibly at the 'wrong' end of London Road. In fact it's not even on London Road but Abbeydale Road.

I went at the weekend and spoke to Nikki - I think some people are interested in taking over the restaurant. I don't know if it is still going to be veggie but I will let you know when I hear anymore.

Archived