86 members have voted

1. 1. What is the BEST Pub in Broomhill

• THE YORK
    • THE FOX AND DUCK
    • THE SOUTH SEA
    • THE NOTTINGHAM HOUSE
    • THE BROOMHILL TAVERN
    • THE PLACE

Had a drink in there last night, was quite cosy, and a good buzz to the place! So much nicer now it has been split more into rooms, (i'm a curl up in a corner kinda person!). All change in the right direction, i think, and more to come .... looking forward to the wine and cheese night on wed... :bigsmile:

I've organised an unofficial meet to do all the Broomhill pubs - see the evenings out thread.

Looking forward to seeing the new Notty (and the York if it's ready)

I've been away for a short while, to return to this fantastic news.

The Notty and the York have masses of potential and have been ruined by previous owners.

To hear that the Notts House is now run by the Cobden (a FANTASTIC pub) and that the York is going to be in very safe hands, this is just ace.

Of the other pubs, The Tavern proves just what a difference good management makes. After all, its nothing more than an average Tetley boozer with rubbish beer but its actually a super pub because Darren runs it very well. That is one pub I'd fear for if the management changed.

Anyway, living in Broomhill just got better. See you in the York when you take over!

Called in the Nottingham House yesterday (9th July) and was impressed.

It's got a nice cool decor and has a clean feel to it (as it should with all the new fabric and carpet). Much improved and with Deucher's and Courage on cask.

Good luck to all concerned.

Called in the Nottingham House yesterday (9th July) and was impressed.

It's got a nice cool decor and has a clean feel to it (as it should with all the new fabric and carpet). Much improved and with Deucher's and Courage on cask.

Good luck to all concerned.

Is it doing food???

Is it doing food???

Yes, a couple were eating on the table next to us (this was around 2pm). Without being nosey it looked like decent nosh.

(But I HAD just come from the Sportsman at Hallam where the portions are absolutely huge.)

The pub also had arty pictures of Sheffield groups and singers on the walls, from Little Man Tate to Joe Cocker. A nice touch.

There was also a pool table and Sky TV, nicely hidden away in one corner so as to be unintrusive to the rest of the pub.

My only slight criticism is that the music was a little too loud but that's probably just me showing my age!