1. 1. What is the BEST Pub in Broomhill

• THE YORK
    • THE FOX AND DUCK
    • THE SOUTH SEA
    • THE NOTTINGHAM HOUSE
    • THE BROOMHILL TAVERN
    • THE PLACE

Hi,

I think the reason that the students spend the most money in the York is because most other Broomhill regulars don't bother with the place. I'm a Broomhill regular, and know plenty more that have been in the area for 25+ years, and they don't drink in the York anymore - so the pub at present is losing a lot of potential customers, who may well spend a reasonable amount if it was the sort of place they wanted to go to.

Ade

TOTALLY AGREE, which is why I am changing it completely. My first task in to get a lot of the old regulars coming back. I feel anyone drinking in the York now will love its new improved image. Sports teams are very welcome, but new standards of behaviour will be expected. This is only a MINORITY of teams who tend to drink excessively and be LOUD, and I am sure there are many well behaved and sensible sports teams who enjoy THE YORK.....you are welcome any time...

Students are most welcome, but they will have to accept there will be no student discount schemes, which is now in common with every other Broomhill pub.

I see you've tried to check out who I am then...It doesn't really matter to you other than I drink there regularly. But for your information, I neither work there nor am on a sports team. But is that really the issue here? I didn't think so...

And i'm pretty sure you missed my point about your reference to cheap drinks = cheap customers?

What do you mean by 'NO LOCAL TRADE'? If you're talking about customers, just because they are young don't assume their not local. Not every young person in Sheffield is a student.

I think you missed the point of what i'm getting at-the point is your attitude stinks. Slagging off the current state of the York won't please the people that currently drink there. By all means suggest improvements as you have been, but some people know and love that pub for the way it is, and i know you've caused a lot of upset being so unprofessional on here.

And i'm pretty sure you missed my point about your reference to cheap drinks = cheap customers?

What do you mean by 'NO LOCAL TRADE'? If you're talking about customers, just because they are young don't assume their not local. Not every young person in Sheffield is a student.

I think you missed the point of what i'm getting at-the point is your attitude stinks. Slagging off the current state of the York won't please the people that currently drink there. By all means suggest improvements as you have been, but some people know and love that pub for the way it is, and i know you've caused a lot of upset being so unprofessional on here.

The reference to cheap customers was to another premises completely unconnected with students and The York. I don't see why you have taken this personally.....

The people who currently drink in the York are very welcome to contact me and tell me what they actually like and don't like...I would welcome comments, but constructive ones please, not negatives...As it happens I HAVE spoken to no less than 17 customers already on different nights, and taken on board their comments. I will share them on this forum if anyone wants to know.......but they will SHOCK YOU I feel.....only 3 had positive comments to make!

As a customer, feel free to tell me what you like and dont like about the current Pub....you refer to the fact is does need improvements, so what would you like to see?

Far from having a 'stinking attitude', I think I am trying to get as many opinions on board as I can......not just from this forum as I already said earlier..

So you love the York as it is, could you explain why exactly? I am really interested as all opinions are valid. Please note though, the cheap drinks ARE going, I have no choice in this, but anything else you like or dislike, please tell me.....I am not trying to alienate students, just address the serious, and I mean SERIOUS problem that so many people currently avoid The York.....

And yes, young people are local too, the York has a lot of trade from 6th formers, that I know......and a few other groups....my meaning is the OLDER people....I want to attract the over 30 market too and get the ideal mix of young and not so young.....

I am planning to IMPROVE this Pub, so everyone should be happy, but you must admit, its in desperate need of TLC....

And THE YORK has come BOTTOM of the best pubs in Broomhill poll too at the top of this thread.....if this is a true representation, and I don't see why it should not be, not enough people like it the way it is, that is the root of the problem....

But let me tell you this, I LOVE THIS BUILDING.....that is why I am buying it, to make it better than it is...this time next year The York will be at the top of that poll.....

i'm not a fan of the fact you write in bold...it's as if your shouting at me...

Just making some points which I believe are the most important ones which need emphasizing. May I suggest you make yours as indicated about what you like and don't like about The York in its present form as all this info is valid and will be taken on board I promise.