86 members have voted

1. 1. What is the BEST Pub in Broomhill

• THE YORK
    • THE FOX AND DUCK
    • THE SOUTH SEA
    • THE NOTTINGHAM HOUSE
    • THE BROOMHILL TAVERN
    • THE PLACE

While out in Broomhill last night I noted The York was the busiest Pub by far in the area, with an age range from 18 to about 22....was out doing market research but all the other pubs were very quiet indeed

Like I said, make sure you don't estrange the students otherwise you'll loose a lot of custom...

Like I said, make sure you don't estrange the students otherwise you'll loose a lot of custom...

Yeah I know. Its a tricky one this......actually it SHOULD be dead all Summer according to the current figures, so quite why it was heaving I don't know.....maybe a fluke, as every other pub was very quiet.......further investigations follow......

Yeah I know. Its a tricky one this......actually it SHOULD be dead all Summer according to the current figures, so quite why it was heaving I don't know.....maybe a fluke, as every other pub was very quiet.......further investigations follow......

The pub is basically a local for all the students in the area when they come back from uni, and I know it has a lot of regulars who are ex-Tapton (and current Tapton) school students.

Thursday was possibly more busy than usual as most head to the York before going down to the Plug (it's a weekly thing for many of us...). Although it's generally pretty busy on Mondays and Fridays too (although I don't know about Saturdays as I don't tend to go out then)

Anyway, I'll let you make your own mind up on it as you have the experience in the field ;)

Good luck with this Goldenfleece. I always thought that the Scream look for the York was awful; such a beautiful place just hidden behind terrible decor. I used to go in for afternoon beers when it was O'Neils, the Irish place. Although not a great pub they had managed to keep it feeling like a pub and not a youth club. Plus it had a pub feel to it.

I'm off round Broomhill tomorrow night. I fully intend to drink far to much real ale and make the most of being back for a change! Since moving from Ranmoor to Nether Edge I've switched from drinking in Broomhill to London Road and the Sheaf View.

Good luck with this Goldenfleece. I always thought that the Scream look for the York was awful; such a beautiful place just hidden behind terrible decor. I used to go in for afternoon beers when it was O'Neils, the Irish place. Although not a great pub they had managed to keep it feeling like a pub and not a youth club. Plus it had a pub feel to it.

I'm off round Broomhill tomorrow night. I fully intend to drink far to much real ale and make the most of being back for a change! Since moving from Ranmoor to Nether Edge I've switched from drinking in Broomhill to London Road and the Sheaf View.

Let us know your current views of the York....

Just to echo earlier comments about the Nottingham House. The Homemade pies are absolutely gorgeous, i had meat and potatoe and it was all proper rump steak.

The beer selection was good too Deuchars, Courage, Landlord, Tetleys and Sunchaser.

I'm glad the Notty's back as a pub!

Had a good night around Broomhill on Saturday, but missed the York - the one pub I actually wanted to go in! I suppose that's what happens when women turn up on a blokes night - real pubs go out the window. We ended up in The Place instead :rant:. Very unimpressed.

Broomhill Tavern was as good as ever. Great pint of Deuchars and a good crowd in there.

The Notts was alright - I dread to think what their electricity bill is like though; it's blindingly bright inside!