Does anyone remember Occasions nightclub ?

It was the first ever club I played in (alongside Winston Hazel, Parrot and my good friend Gary...known then as Steel City G.......he he)

It was part of Max's (Max's Downtown) kingdom then (circa 1982) although for some reason I often think it had another name before occasions

yeahh used to go back in the 90-92 era remember the music maker djing on a friday night club normally got packed out techno city used to be the last tune of the night and if i remember the night changed to incabuss

occasions got me into the rave scene then i started to travel to other venues out of sheffield to all the big name clubs fantazia dreamscape shellys obbsession perception etc etc wicked nights never to be forgotten

got a live music maker tape from occassions if you wanna reminisce the olden days

http://tinyurl.com/585puj

yeahh used to go back in the 90-92 era remember the music maker djing on a friday night club normally got packed out techno city used to be the last tune of the night and if i remember the night changed to incabuss

occasions got me into the rave scene then i started to travel to other venues out of sheffield to all the big name clubs fantazia dreamscape shellys obbsession perception etc etc wicked nights never to be forgotten

got a live music maker tape from occassions if you wanna reminisce the olden days

http://tinyurl.com/585puj

Nice one :thumbsup: got any more?

Loved Occasions. Was a regular at Jive Turkey/Cuba (I still have some of the flyers, how sad am I?), and then later on was a regular at the Friday nights. I remember, at the ripe old age of 19 thinking I was the dogs whatsits when ID magazine covered a Jive Turkey night on a night I was there (or maybe it was Cuba, memory not too good these days). I was gutted not to be on any of the pics. But looking back, it's probably a good job I wasn't! Winston, Parrot...they were the good old days!

And also....how come it seemed easy to get trollied on a weekday, not get to bed til 3/4 am and still roll in for work???? I've not been to a proper club in over a year, and I felt like I needed a work off work after.

Also did the Shelleys thing........poppers at Sandbach services anyone?

i allways seemed to be one of the last offthe dancefloor or i come wondering in from the stairs (fire escape) wondering where the music had gone.

one of my mates as got the big banner what used to hang above the stairs of the women flying with wings.

it used to see some top djs from all over the world and dont forget sheffields own asterix n space. tunes like last rythm, GTO, boneshakers, the list is endless and at the end of the night we all just used to sit around outside nobody wanted to go home , or was you all off to cee jays like me.