Does anyone remember Occasions nightclub ?

I used to go here when i was about 13 it was the first club i ever went to.. it was wicked i remember having and Incubus card which was for the members.. I can remember watching Altern8, the guys who wore the dust masks :hihi: and people sniffing vics :suspect::D... Ahhh Happy days!!! :D:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I used to work behind the bar at Occasions almost all the time from 90- late 92.

I remember Altern8 playing there and installing a MASSIVE laser that must have been completely illegal in a room that small. EDIT: Just remembered, they used to run the strobes in there for what seemed like minutes on end as well.

If I wasnt working I would often be found in there jumping around like a sweaty loon on the speakerboxes. Its amazing i'm not completely deaf.

More memories - the girl who played Fizz in El Dorado (crap soap set in Spain that was on at the time) used to come to Occasions quite often.

Happy days.

• 9 months later...

Occasions......Friday nite treat!!!...I went in regular with the ' Arbour Massive' lol......my those were the days!

We used to rock the joint.....techno city, incabus cards, vicks nasel sticks and annoying the little manager who walked about with ALL the bouncers cause he knew he had no control anymore!!....sitting on the fire exit stairs before jumping up to the kicking 'toon' what had just hit the baseline.....oh i miss the life xx

• 2 months later...

Whats yer name? Where you from? What you on?

Best days of my life! I was there every friday night stomping away like a mad man.

We rocked that joint!

There is a facebook page for techno city old school ravers with contributions from The Music Maker himself. There is also talk of a reunion.

The lighs come on The lights go off.....Blackout

Quality

• 2 weeks later...

The reunion nights the Occasions guys are running are doing really well. They just had Eazy D's birthday party last night. Ratpack came up, they've had Asterix and Space, Top Buzz and Rozalla. You can find them on facebook if you want further info.

They are using Occasions as the venue, believe the next one is on Halloween.