Does anyone remember Occasions nightclub ?

I used to work behind the bar at Occasions almost all the time from 90- late 92.

I remember Altern8 playing there and installing a MASSIVE laser that must have been completely illegal in a room that small. EDIT: Just remembered, they used to run the strobes in there for what seemed like minutes on end as well.

If I wasnt working I would often be found in there jumping around like a sweaty loon on the speakerboxes. Its amazing i'm not completely deaf.

More memories - the girl who played Fizz in El Dorado (crap soap set in Spain that was on at the time) used to come to Occasions quite often.

Happy days.

omg - i remember the girl who played Fizz being there too - she used to come in with the mixed-race guy with the dreadlocks (Levi?? i think he was called) - that's really brought back memories!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All.

I remember it all too well...I went when it was Cuba circa 1990 Bleeps n Bass and I then DJ'd there firstly as a warmup for Owen (Musicmaker) Incubus 91 circa 1991-92 and later ran/held residence in 1992-93.

Great nights and memories are still clear as a bell even now!:D

Even with all them Purple Ohms, Red & Blacks and wraps I did after playing!!

Bloody hell I feel old now 18 odd years ago!:banana:

Can anyone remember 'zimmerframing' and the smell of Vicks?

He He

Jon

• 1 year later...

I just came accross this thread. I used to go to occassions from 1990 to probably around 1992/3. Me and my mates were all 19 or 20 years old. I had the best time of my life in there! It was rammed to the rafters(more than likley illegally packed) After going to other 'normal'clubs when I was in my early teens this was a pure delight. I true underground happening. What would we have done without those nights??? Still sends a shudder down my spine. Before occasions started doing those nights we used to go to parties at a place at attercliffe -it was a music studio. This was in 89. This was an all nighter. Winston and Parrot would play. It was in a small upstairs room. Anyone remember this?

• 3 months later...

Was Occasions in the "old" Fez club, entrance rnd corner from vibe/niche on charter row? Neva went wen it was occasions, but it sounded an awesome place. A reunion is taking place at S A W A on arundel gate in august i believe. :)

yeahh used to go back in the 90-92 era remember the music maker djing on a friday night club normally got packed out techno city used to be the last tune of the night and if i remember the night changed to incabuss

occasions got me into the rave scene then i started to travel to other venues out of sheffield to all the big name clubs fantazia dreamscape shellys obbsession perception etc etc wicked nights never to be forgotten

got a live music maker tape from occassions if you wanna reminisce the olden days

http://tinyurl.com/585puj

Just downloaded this - thank you so much.

My first clubbing was done at TechnoCity, which led to the Music Factory, Rise, Gatecrasher, Love To Be, The Arches, Bed and many more. Ten years on a podium around Sheffield and the north and the midlands, and it all started in this black little sweatbox. Happy days!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Never, ever again will nights like that be repeated (unfortunately) or ever replaced. Long live the memories!!!! It was all about the music and the DJ, fun luvin happy go lucky people who loved the music who just loved to dance the night/morning away and the drugs were like dynamite!!!!! There was hardly ever no trouble as everybody was just so loved up!!!!!

Occasions is where it all began for me when i was about 15,Eazy D and MC RUSH!!!!!! But i remember my Palais (think iv spelt that wrong!!) days more and Nimos (spelling again) when it was all just on one floor and you could nearly touch the roof and the drips from the roof defo touched me!!!!!!

i Would just love to go back in time and have one more crazy weekend because nothing even comes close now,not the people,not the attitudes,not the violence,not the music,not the venues!!!!!!