Fao anyone who knew Pam Young

samsmum

hello to anyone who may recognise the name in the thread title;

Pam Young (my mum) was a sheffield writer who was active in the writing scene in and around sheffield for many years up until she had a stroke in jan 06. She used to go to the sticky bun writers and was a long time member at heeley writers and various groups associated with them.

My mum sadly passed away on 25th April following a short illness, and a long very brave fight with the effects of her stroke. the stroke, unfortunately, took away her ability to write and understand written word - perhaps the most cruelest kind of stroke - and she found it very hard to communicate, and her biggest frustration was not being able to do the one thing that brought joy to her life - write.

Quite a few members of heeley writers attended her funeral - and id like to thank them for their love and support over the years - they brought life and love to her retirement years and she adored all of you.

thanks for reading this,

sue xxx

hello to anyone who may recognise the name in the thread title;

Pam Young (my mum) was a sheffield writer who was active in the writing scene in and around sheffield for many years up until she had a stroke in jan 06. She used to go to the sticky bun writers and was a long time member at heeley writers and various groups associated with them.

My mum sadly passed away on 25th April following a short illness, and a long very brave fight with the effects of her stroke. the stroke, unfortunately, took away her ability to write and understand written word - perhaps the most cruelest kind of stroke - and she found it very hard to communicate, and her biggest frustration was not being able to do the one thing that brought joy to her life - write.

Quite a few members of heeley writers attended her funeral - and id like to thank them for their love and support over the years - they brought life and love to her retirement years and she adored all of you.

thanks for reading this,

sue xxx

I did not know your mum, but she seems to have been a wonderful person with a love of writing. Do you know if she had anything published ?

• 2 years later...

Sorry to hear of Pam's passing. I used to attend Heeley writers' meetings in the mid nineties and remember her quite well.

I believe some of her work was included in one or two of the copies of the 'Heeley Writer' I have somewhere.

I'll dig them out...

RC

Archived