Stone Circles around the uk.

Stone Circles are world wide, but the English Isles have quite a few. A couple of years a go we went touring in Anglesey that place has loads of circles. My favorite is Avebury so many in one village a truly magical place. Stonehenge is gust to commercialize now, costs too much to go around. Then there's ours dotted around the moors. Which is your favorites.:thumbsup:

I visit any I can whilst travelling but I've lost track of most of the names now.

We went to one last time I was in Cornwall, it was lost in the middle of nowhere, no markers nearby but identified on a tourist map as being near a folly.

Found it, got nibbled by the sheep, ate lunch in the middle whilst discussing the theoretical protection afforded and mobile phone signal reduced by being in the centre.

Another one is close to the outskirts of Sheffield and some friends and I found it quite by accident, somewhere up before Stannage. There's a low stone cross and not far away a small stone circle. I felt honoured to have stumbled over it and it felt like a wonderful secret. Sadly, I cannot for the life of me recall how to get to it.

Anyone know?

I visit any I can whilst travelling but I've lost track of most of the names now.

We went to one last time I was in Cornwall, it was lost in the middle of nowhere, no markers nearby but identified on a tourist map as being near a folly.

Found it, got nibbled by the sheep, ate lunch in the middle whilst discussing the theoretical protection afforded and mobile phone signal reduced by being in the centre.

Another one is close to the outskirts of Sheffield and some friends and I found it quite by accident, somewhere up before Stannage. There's a low stone cross and not far away a small stone circle. I felt honoured to have stumbled over it and it felt like a wonderful secret. Sadly, I cannot for the life of me recall how to get to it.

Anyone know?

i believe the one near stannage edge is 9 ladies??

my mates used to go up there quite alot.

hm found this on it

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Parthenon/6197/hordtop.htm

i have 9 ladies in my brain but cant find anything on em...maybe 7 ladies?? :P

Anyone know?

Yep its a thing im into too got hundreds of photos from every where I have been, Sad isnt it.:thumbsup:

Archived