Mini transport Interchanges/unemployed passes

My solution is to have the small interchanges like the one at hillsborugh doing more than stocking timetables, and being able to buy passes there or maybe main post offices selling passes. I've been to leeds today and they have a system like that in place so it would be easier for everyone, and the interchages could have more info on different travel schemes. The mini interchange at Hillsborugh sereves little or no point, and wouldn't it be better if it did. Also if the post offices stocked these passes or similar things like the day rover scratch cards it would also help keep people going in them which in turn keeps people in work. My solution fairly simple done in other boroughs ie derbyshire and west yorkshire, so why not south yorkshire. If anyone has any better suggestions than trying to destroy the unemployed. I'm sure you can find better things to do with your energy. The main point as said was the dramatic increase in the price. I wasn't doing on it my behalf, but people on here have reminded me of Jeremy Kyle show when he says "Your unemployed and I pay taxes for you" and then by the same token if there weren't any unemployed people he'd be unempyed as no-one would watch his show.

thank you wolfstain, appreciate the help thanx. we'll beat the forum bullys!

Oh I give the forum bully boys a thrashing regularly, they can't cope when someone turns their own tactic back on them.

As to your problem I don't see why the tickets can't be made available at a number of locations and will make sure the issue is raised in the correct committee.

but people on here have reminded me of Jeremy Kyle show when he says "Your unemployed and I pay taxes for you"

You have a good point, but I would have thought someone who has admittedly been on benefit for nine years as he admitted might have the good grace not to criticize you.

You know the glass houses thing.

My solution is to have the small interchanges like the one at hillsborugh doing more than stocking timetables, and being able to buy passes there or maybe main post offices selling passes. I've been to leeds today and they have a system like that in place so it would be easier for everyone, and the interchages could have more info on different travel schemes. The mini interchange at Hillsborugh sereves little or no point, and wouldn't it be better if it did. Also if the post offices stocked these passes or similar things like the day rover scratch cards it would also help keep people going in them which in turn keeps people in work. My solution fairly simple done in other boroughs ie derbyshire and west yorkshire, so why not south yorkshire.

I don't know why such measures aren't in place here; they make perfect sense. Maybe it's something to do with staffing levels; if the people in the mini-interchanges are going to sell tickets, they need to be taught how, and things like that.

• 3 years later...
get a job seems the fair thing or dont go to town for one day..

cant see why people who are unemployed should have special treatment. if you cant afford the fair then walk! if your not capable of walking you will be on DSA so will be entitled to a free pass anyway..

you needs to wake up mate and quick im unemployed find me a job and i will be happy to do it truth is there none out there i dont use buses but i see where that guy coming from just cos you dont work does not mean you have to be locked in the houses 247 does it i have a quality of life could be better and one day it will so stop having a go at the ppl that are trying to get into work and start looking at the money that gets wasted on ppl that are not english if you wanna start that

Archived